The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

None of this pizza to toilet roll exchange rate explains why toilet rolls are such a sought/fought after item, is it the antidote the scientists haven't discovered yet, what does it have to do with Covid 19?

Mike.

There is a supposed shortage in Australia (something like a factory fire) so there's been panic buying there. Thicko's who've read it on social meedja obviously don't know where Australia is ( probably presume it to be part of Essex) and have started to panic buy here too.  

Went shopping yesterday in local Tesco, lots of tissues, anti bac hand wipes & gel but no loo roll.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

There is a supposed shortage in Australia (something like a factory fire) so there's been panic buying there. Thicko's who've read it on social meedja obviously don't know where Australia is ( probably presume it to be part of Essex) and have started to panic buy here too.  

Went shopping yesterday in local Tesco, lots of tissues, anti bac hand wipes & gel but no loo roll.

I think there is some evidence of contagion, my present county of residence borders Essex and Costco St Evenage is supposedly limiting the sale of bog rolls to one package (24-45 rolls?) per customer. It’ll be Bedfordshire next, or is ChrisF going to be spotted raiding Warwickshire’s stocks? :D

Edited by Kingzance
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, chris p bacon said:

So far as I know the only shortage in Australia is due to people stockpiling.

I did read somewhere that a rumour had started that the major source of toilet paper was a factory in Wuhan...

• Funny 5

2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

We may well have Australia in Essex. After all we have Holland and Ostend and no doubt those who's geography is better than mine can add a few other exotic names.:jester:

New Zealand is in Wiltshire (near Lyneham)

image.png.ece7bf710a8adabbfcb2a2a95f6a9379.png

Edited by KeithMacdonald
Whacky sign added
  • Like 7
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Coryton said:

So far as I know the only shortage in Australia is due to people stockpiling.

I did read somewhere that a rumour had started that the major source of toilet paper was a factory in Wuhan...

How about this! Apparently unintended.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-06/queensland-toilet-paper-accidental-purchase/12031070

• Like 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Mark Saunders said:

That sits with Whitbread the brewers that don't brew beer!

Whitbread PLC don't call themselves a brewery any more and haven't done for some time.

They are now a "Hospitality" company. The Whitbread brewery/beer name is owned by InBev

• Informative/Useful 3

7 minutes ago, Budgie said:

Don't forget Washington in Tyne and Wear, or whatever it's called these days.

"Washington" is English and is the ...

name of a parish in Durham, five miles from Gateshead (Tyne & Wear) and also of a parish in Sussex, ten miles from Shoreham. 

Wikipedia claims the Tyne and Wear location saying:

The word became a surname in 1183 when William de Hertburn took the name William de Wassyngtona. In 1657 the name came to Virginia;

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1