The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

This German-English instruction leaflet for an old multi-voltage AC-DC adapter thingy was a bit better.

I liked "convince yourself" of the right voltage, as if you just needed a good argument inside your head, while "destruction of the consumer" seemed like a bit of a safety hazard. 

2036830076_Destructionoftheconsumer.jpg.ef3088c98b56fbf141450fce68685401.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

...yes yes, we all worked that out, but the initial implication that there ARE (enough) blind pilots to warrant their own lounge is funny!

Kev.

:)

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Budgie said:

Why is that funny? Surely it's not suggesting there are blind pilots? If a blind person came along wouldn'y you want them to know what's the other side of the door?

Over think this one too .    :rolleyes:

bumps.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Budgie said:

Why is that funny? Surely it's not suggesting there are blind pilots? If a blind person came along wouldn'y you want them to know what's the other side of the door?

That line of reasoning only holds up if they can manage to tell that it is a door.

Bernard

• Funny 2

4 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

pilot.jpg

But did they run it past a blind person first? As far as I can make out it actually says "pĺot lounge".  The second letter is missing a dot below and to the left which would make it into an "i".  As it is, it signifies an accent on the next letter (although you could interpret it as a misalligned symbol for "a") .......

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Who's to say that is the Braille version that is wrong? Maybe it is a "Plot Lounge"!

...and, I don't think that there are many blind pilots about either as the sign shows no sign of ware - or maybe I am over thinking things now!

(Sorry Mike...)

Kev.

:)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Budgie said:

That reminds me of the signs in shops and restaurants saying "No dogs, except guide dogs".  Who is the target audience for the final three words? Neither the blind nor the dog can read it. Its not relevant to the sighted.

20 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Can we get back to the jokes please, far too much overthinking going on.

Mike.

This is the Whacky Signs thread, but I know who you mean. ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

That reminds me of the signs in shops and restaurants saying "No dogs, except guide dogs".  Who is the target audience for the final three words? Neither the blind nor the dog can read it. Its not relevant to the sighted.

To stop ignorant ****ers arguing that "But you've let him in with his dog so why can't I bring mine in"....

Jason

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

On 23/12/2019 at 15:10, Gwiwer said:

Remote Kinbrace on the Far North line had its lettering rearranged to Bareckin for a time. 

With the local population numbering a just few tens someone may have had one too many Fire Waters.   It’s hard to believe a visitor went all that way just for that.  

The Fawlty Towers postman must have had a longer round than I thought....

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

A whacked sign that is totally pointless, there being room to drive a horse or cow round beside the gate, and even if you shut it as requested, the latch doesn't work and there is nothing to stop it opening again!

Whacked sign 20191227_121303.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 9