The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Reminds me of the sign over the downstairs longitudinal seats on London buses being altered from '3 SEATS' to '3  FATS'.

I remember the signs on trains saying PLEASE MIND YOUR HEAD getting changed to FLEAS IN YOUR HEAD,

Whilst looking for a photo of one I found this.

3_olrwebprojects_knock_head.jpg

Jason

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I remember the signs on trains saying PLEASE MIND YOUR HEAD getting changed to FLEAS IN YOUR HEAD,

And those which read "DO NOT LEAN OUT OF THE WINDOW" were very often changed to read "DO NOT CLEAN SOOT OFF THE WINDOW"

The old-style communication cord signs warning of penalties for abuse sometimes had additions such as "Virgin's last hope" while the requirement that "Gentlemen lift the seat" was sometimes suffixed with "I did it and went to court" or similar.  Those of us with a certain number of years under our belts may recall that there were often signs in certain places inviting us to "Please adjust your dress before leaving" to which was usually added a comment about this being the gents not the ladies or that the scrawler wore trousers not dresses.  In Scotland however they may have had a valid point ..... :jester:

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

Back in the 1990's, Mortimer station (between Basingstoke and Reading) usually proclaimed on its name boards that it was 'No Time'.

Remote Kinbrace on the Far North line had its lettering rearranged to Bareckin for a time. 

With the local population numbering a just few tens someone may have had one too many Fire Waters.   It’s hard to believe a visitor went all that way just for that.  

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

The World Famous Coney Island Clock.

Coney Island Sligo, Ireland that is, not the pretender somewhere in America!

861905463_ConeyIslandClock2014(1).jpg.54631fb298828f5ecdc6acb1c88d3875.jpg

And a close-up from a few years ago:

1041173547_ConeyIslandClock.jpg.1ac34157828a7ae940ef3a0f61dbedbf.jpg

Looks like the face is in need of refurbishment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Probably photoshopped, bur still funny.

I like that.

Actually, isn't the usual clue that something is Photoshopped a lack of perspective on the text and font size(s)?

Granted this still might have been Photoshopped, but by someone with more skill than usual?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 22/12/2019 at 19:23, Steamport Southport said:

Whilst looking for a photo of one I found this.

3_olrwebprojects_knock_head.jpg

Jason

On the feeder unit of our Japanese press:

_20200103_112111.JPG.921d816904df7ac6d2282d33cdc57512.JPG

C6T. 

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

On the feeder unit of our Japanese press:

_20200103_112111.JPG.921d816904df7ac6d2282d33cdc57512.JPG

C6T. 

That reminds me of a Casio calculator I bought back in the 80's. The instructions were written in a Japanese version of English that I labeled 'Japlish'. It was barely understandable.