The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold

They certainly don't if what you're taking them for turns out to actually be a gall-bladder full of marbles :(.

I had my gall-bladder full of marbles removed several years ago. I was trying to prevent my colostomy bag being blown up like a balloon, and the associated necessity to find somewhere private to let the gas out every half-hour. As you can imagine, this is not much fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Not exactly a sign, but one of the clauses in the Apple iTunes Terms and Conditions...

attachicon.gifiTunes.jpg

Amusing as it is, that's quite common.

I believe it's part of arms control export regulations, the "arms" in this case presumably being  encryption technology used somewhere in the operating system.

I believe it's part of arms control export regulations, the "arms" in this case presumably being  encryption technology used somewhere in the operating system.

Yes, it is an ITAR requirement.

Mobile phone apps are full of encryption technology. The scrambled communication apps preferred by those who are up to no good that thwart those who listen to 'chatter' are a good example.

No photo unfortunately but one I saw in North London earlier this year:

BUS LANE SUSPENDED.  USE BUS LANE

Chris

A little while back whilst driving to Sunderland on the A690 Durham Road. I (and other car drivers) were driving in the ‘car lane’. Ahead was a bus in the car lane? The bus lane was empty??