Bachmann Midland Pullman

Ian Hargrave

• RMweb Gold

What happened with the pricing policy as discussed here.?

It's my understanding, from what I've learnt from my local dealer, is that the new pricing policy applies to items first announced in the 2012/2013 catalogue.

As the Blue Pullman was first announced a couple of years ago it is my understanding that the pricing for these models is not affected by the new pricing policy.....

Keith

ordered over the phone, quick and easy. :)

dont think there should be any objections to posting the link for others.

http://www.modelrailwaystore.net/

sorry Hattons, nothing personal but thats business, £10 cheaper and not having to wait a fortnight when id ordered it a year ago. the wait didnt really bother me but even so.

Now listed as £305, so its gone up £25 in a day, nice.

That link is £325 now :O

Anybody actually had one at this price? I pre-ordered munce ago from Oz, have heard nothing, now according to the website all the original orders have gone, awaiting 2nd delivery?

Ah well, qesarasara,

Cheers,Peter C.

I'm the same here. I'm sure that some people ordered theirs years ago.

I wouldn't worry to much about it. It'll arrive eventually.

Probable got delayed because of track maintenance :mosking:

It's my understanding, from what I've learnt from my local dealer, is that the new pricing policy applies to items first announced in the 2012/2013 catalogue.

As the Blue Pullman was first announced a couple of years ago it is my understanding that the pricing for these models is not affected by the new pricing policy.....

Keith

I can confirm that this is absolutely correct.

Anybody actually had one at this price? I pre-ordered munce ago from Oz, have heard nothing, now according to the website all the original orders have gone, awaiting 2nd delivery?

Ah well, qesarasara,

Cheers,Peter C.

Yes, it was collected from the shop this afternoon. It is being tested and run in at present and thankfully non of the problems reported by others have shown up. Very pleased.

I think we need a word with the chaps at Oxford - there's just not enough superlatives in the English language to describe this fine piece of modelling. It seems a bit insipid to wax so lyrically about a plastic toy train, but... woah. Exquisite, utterly exquisite.

I gave mine a test run last night and one of the power cars (Car F) when leading throws itself off on the inside radius of every Peco Code 75 curved point (there are lots on my layout as they largely form the fiddleyard fan and the hidden facing crossover in the fiddleyard throat. I found the back to backs were way out (too wide) and the wheels won't go in to the correct back to back, though I did move them in some way. I think the wheels have not been pressed onto the stub axle properly. The other end's back to backs were spot on and I have tested both power cars both ways round. I shall have a more detailed look to compare the wheels between the two power cars when I have a bit more time available.

I picked mine up from Hatttons today. I had the same problem with car F, but once the back to back measurement on the leading bogie was tightened a touch all seems in order.

A beautiful model - thanks Bachmann and Linda for a super model and a great 65th present.

Colin

Agreed, a fine model, the detailing is magnificent, well done Bachmann.

MIne arrived yesterday, quick swap out of the DCC chip to the blanking plugs which now lets it run very smoothly and well on DC control.

Here it is approaching 'Menford' on my layout.

post-535-0-99801800-1352408406_thumb.jpg

Also the cab lights are switched on using the F2 key, but on my Guagemaster Prodigy the F2 key is used (I think) for horn control and as such has to be kept held down to run the lights. Can I reallocate the cab lights to a different function number?.

Yes, change CV36 to 0 and CV37, CV38 or CV39 to 4 for F3, F4 or F5.

If you set a different F key in each power car you can control the two cab lights individually.

I picked mine up from Hatttons today. I had the same problem with car F, but once the back to back measurement on the leading bogie was tightened a touch all seems in order.

A beautiful model - thanks Bachmann and Linda for a super model and a great 65th present.

Colin

I managed to adjust the back to backs this evening and after a bit of trial and error I seem to have cured the problem. Still need to give it a proper run in but impressions so far are excellent.

Surely folks - model of the year? What other model can you think of in the last decade, never mind the last few years, which has arrived to such aplomb and with such perfection?

Get your votes in when they ask for them - it deserves to be model of the year. Unbelievable quality.

• RMweb Premium

If you set a different F key in each power car you can control the two cab lights individually.

That's great, job done, many thanks indeed.

Mine arrived yesterday, but unfortunately pressing business has precluded me from taking it up to the loft...yet! I've got a couple of questions first though...

This is my first DCC fitted vehicle, and as someone who operates purely DC I was wondering - can I leave the DCC chips in or must I put the blanking plugs in? Or is it good practice to put them in? For the record I don't use an electronic track cleaner.

Secondly, has anyone else fathomed what the two big plastic tray/box things are that come in the detail pack, seemingly attached by (included) screws? I can't make head or tail of them!

Thanks, Jamie

• RMweb Premium

This is my first DCC fitted vehicle, and as someone who operates purely DC I was wondering - can I leave the DCC chips in or must I put the blanking plugs in? Or is it good practice to put them in? For the record I don't use an electronic track cleaner.

As you don't have a HF electronic track cleaner you can leave the decoders in with no problems when opperating on DC (although some decoders can be set up to be inoperative under DC, I carn't imagine Bachmann would have done this on a RTR product). What you may notice however is that the unit requires more power than a non fitted one to get moving because the decoder needs a certain ammount of DC power before it can 'sense' (if thats the right word) the presence of a rising DC voltage and start sending that power to the motor. This lag may will vary with decoder manufacturer, but if you feel it is an issue you can allways remove the decoders in favour of the blanking plugs

Mine arrived yesterday, but unfortunately pressing business has precluded me from taking it up to the loft...yet! I've got a couple of questions first though...

Secondly, has anyone else fathomed what the two big plastic tray/box things are that come in the detail pack, seemingly attached by (included) screws? I can't make head or tail of them!

Thanks, Jamie

Jamie this was my first DCC/DC model as well, I found that the power surge needed to get it moving with the DCC chip fitted, irritating, so I changed them over for the blanking plugs, very easy to do 4 screws, two internal lugs and the body is off! Perfect running on DC, and the lights in the coaches are not unrealistically bright.

I too do not know what the large plastic bins are for ?? Sound speaker boxes perhaps, and............

what are the coloured blanking discs for fititng to the directional lights for ?? was this a later modification on the BP's, or are we supposed to fit them over the lighting recesses on the front of the power cars ? Perhaps someone can tell us?

cheers

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know what the model's incline tackling abilities are? hopefully with two motors it should not have too much difficulty with moderate slopes, I only hope it is better than the Desiro that wheel-slips on even the slightest climb.

Any steeper than 1:40 and the diners soup spills....

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Well! I did see the originals, I was quite young but I remember dad taking me to Wootton Bassett in the late 1960s and seeing them go by. There are some colour slides about somewhere to prove it! As a confirmed pre grouping steam fan I won't be buying one but having seen a full set it is an impressive model. As for performance..... never mind spilling drinks on a gradient, how about on a nought to 138mph acceleration in less than 1 second!

That is what the model did on a big EM trainset yesterday. Top speed is 138mph measured on one of the ACME speedometers and the running was as good as it gets at all speeds.

Very nice indeed. I predict that the limited routes that the real ones ran will cause a flood of modelling licence applications.

Archived