Bachmann Midland Pullman

Ian Hargrave

Are you going to run it through a CWM in the hope that it will shrink to 2mm scale? :jester:

Ha - I fancy a 2mm one, but I'll wait and see if the custard-dipped ones drop below £200 (cheapest if £210 so far) then my reverse blue-grey brush maybe making an appearance. If they get really cheap then I may look into carving two into a 8-car set.

This one will sit on the side, just in case the mojo ever needs a bit of arousal. Fine art in 3D.

Pix

• RMweb Premium

regards Hattons Aintree launch, one western set did visit Lime street so thats even closer to Hattons shop than Aintree and it possibly past through Wavertree which is where the shop is.

from the Lime street model thread, not sure the exact reason why it visited.

Mike,

I've read somewhere that a Blue Pullman was once rostered for a Coventry-Liverpool football special.

• RMweb Gold

I suspect I'm one of not very many who has actually asked Hattons to *delay* dispatch of my BP set - for a week - given that on projected DHL Express delivery schedule I'll be away from home and unable to sign for it for 4 days ether side of the likely delivery date - and the nearest DHL office to go retrieve it from is a 90 mile round trip!

Seriously, though, many thanks to Paul Hill at Hattons for his exemplary handling of the situation. Customer Service (with a capital S) above and beyond, truly of the highest order.

regards Hattons Aintree launch, one western set did visit Lime street so thats even closer to Hattons shop than Aintree and it possibly past through Wavertree which is where the shop is.

from the Lime street model thread, not sure the exact reason why it visited.

post-27-0-59314600-1352241176.jpg

Brilliant pic, it almost looks photoshopped, the clean lines of the cab versus the maroon mk. 1 in the background...

• RMweb Gold

My understanding is its exactly the same as the DMU wheels, split axle with the plastic muff. It should just be a case of drifting the wheels out on each side to a 16.5mm back to back, I've converted 4 Bachy DMU's successfully the same way.

DRIFTING!!!!!!!!!!!! :nono: You rough a**e northerner. Worm gear puller, gently and accurately please. You've been listening to the wrong sort of people :O

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Its started.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d06a96828

£££

And so it begins! :swoon:

How much of a mark-up is that? And of course just because Bachmann have sold the entire production run does not mean that all retailers have.

To be fair in this case, the price £349.95 is Bachmann's RRP so no mark up on these. No doubt prices will rise, though, if it sells through quickly.

When the N gauge version is out, I will be interested to see which is the better seller. Since N gauge takes up less space, more people may have the space to run one.

When the N gauge version is out, I will be interested to see which is the better seller. Since N gauge takes up less space, more people may have the space to run one.

N gauge is also significantly cheaper (almost £100 less on the RRP). The cheapest I have seen it offered for is about £210.

At that price I justified treating myself to one in N gauge. Not sure I would have done the same for the 00 version. What on earth it will be doing at the end of my GWR BLT is a bit of a mystery at the moment. Some kind of special event no doubt (to rural Somerset :sarcastic:). Not even sure if it will fit on the platform.

Ah well, there was a 5-car BP set on a Railtour to Plymouth once so they could run in shortened formations. :angel:

And so it begins! :swoon:

How much of a mark-up is that? And of course just because Bachmann have sold the entire production run does not mean that all retailers have.

I suspect its £50 but could be more.

It's RRP.

Steve

I don't think anyone is paying RRP for this or any other item.

Seeing lots of boxed sets, suspect many will have been signed for yesterday or today so hope to see some exciting new photos of the model on a few layouts here.

Wonder if we will see some of these sell secondhand for silly prices like the Heljan Container Crane sets have?

• RMweb Premium

N gauge is also significantly cheaper (almost £100 less on the RRP). The cheapest I have seen it offered for is about £210.

At that price I justified treating myself to one in N gauge. Not sure I would have done the same for the 00 version. What on earth it will be doing at the end of my GWR BLT is a bit of a mystery at the moment. Some kind of special event no doubt (to rural Somerset :sarcastic:). Not even sure if it will fit on the platform.

Ah well, there was a 5-car BP set on a Railtour to Plymouth once so they could run in shortened formations. :angel:

Hi

My N gauge one is already on order. Well they were serviced at Reddish so they may have had a test run towards Godley Junction.

Cheers

Paul

Its started.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d06a96828

£££

So a shop is advertising them on ebay at RRP and its a rip off, okay then!

Modelzone are advertising them at £349.99 as well, is that a rip off?

Give it a few weeks and you can go into overdrive when they are being advertised at £600 each (my estimate).

I suspect its £50 but could be more.

It isnt, its RRP.

Mine had an inaugural run round Duffield last night (didn't get up the Wirksworth branch for a photo call though). Must check the B-Bs as it came off at times, some of which may have been tripping over the (unnecessary) coupling at the leading cab. I first set it up with the red seats at one end and blue at the other but that left the coach numbers jumbled. Sorting it out left the seat colours jumbled. Will also have to check the inter-car contacts because the ceiling lights on the trailer cars at one end didn't seem to be on although the table lights were on.

Nice runner. Well Done to Bachmann.

Oh, when re-packing, it is worth noting that the different coaches have individualised plastic trays.

DRIFTING!!!!!!!!!!!! :nono: You rough a**e northerner. Worm gear puller, gently and accurately please. You've been listening to the wrong sort of people :O

Mike.

Yeah and when like on my last 105 it wont move with the application of the gear puller, then what. Ive developed my own tool involving two brass tubular sections and a vice where a few gentle taps with the Liverpool screwdriver will actually make it move without any damage, and accurately to.

Does that mean the Blue Peter programme will be showing you how to make your own from cardboard and plastic bottles?

my dad actually built me an imai kit of Tracy Island at the time which was much better than the RTR toy one that we couldnt get in the shops, but lets not go down that road :)

So a shop is advertising them on ebay at RRP and its a rip off, okay then!

Modelzone are advertising them at £349.99 as well, is that a rip off?

Give it a few weeks and you can go into overdrive when they are being advertised at £600 each (my estimate).

It isnt, its RRP.

Who said anything about rip off ? no one apart from yourself.

The poster asked what was the mark up on the price.I said about £50 because you can buy the set at Hattons for £290 & that's nearly £60 under RRP.

We all know what the recommended price is but who pays RRP in these days ?

If someone wants to pay £600 for a set in the future then off they go.

Archived