Bachmann Midland Pullman

Ian Hargrave

Picked mine up today, stunning model, couple of niggles though :- backs to backs on both power cars needed adjusting , power car "F" is a lot noisier than "A" and this was consistent with 2 other sets tried some alot worse than others, hopefully cured after running in. The only other issue is that you cannot have just table lighting on as well as directional lights as the ceiling lights are tied in with the directional lights.

I am pleased with my model but would be careful regarding the noise issue with the power car "F" as it was a lot worse on the other 2 units, its probably coincidence that every one was an "F" not "A" as they surely must be the same.

Regards Steve.

• RMweb Gold

Blue Pullman arrived in Cheltenham at 12.00 today

Just happened to call them .... to be told was waiting for me.

SWMBO and I extracted £110 from the pennies bag last night (!) - ok, 20p and 10p in this case - which eased the financial pain somewhat. Staff in local emporium suggested we were 10p short but didnt bother to count it.

So just going for test run on the dining room table - SWMBO also tried to implement a 25th Dec moratorium but have exercised running rights in the hope that Dapol Wessie might be here for Xmas.

Phil

Guest Max Stafford

This is easily the classiest model I've ever purchased. Even better than my erstwhile Roco VT601!

(In the very condition it was in during the CTAC 'Scott Country Rambler' Borders railtour of 1963...)

Dave.

Blue Pullman arrived in Cheltenham at 12.00 today

Just happened to call them .... to be told was waiting for me.

SWMBO and I extracted £110 from the pennies bag last night (!) - ok, 20p and 10p in this case - which eased the financial pain somewhat. Staff in local emporium suggested we were 10p short but didnt bother to count it.

So just going for test run on the dining room table - SWMBO also tried to implement a 25th Dec moratorium but have exercised running rights in the hope that Dapol Wessie might be here for Xmas.

Phil

Pullman table service Dinner for you tonight then.

Just show her my original post and tell her that my first Everton game was on 18th April 1949 so I must know what I'm talking about. Mind you that match was played at South Liverpool's ground and was between Old Everton and Old Liverpool. Dixie Dean and Albert Stubbins played. My first game at Goodison wasn't until 1951 and that was England against Portugal. I used to go to home matches on the Class 502 electrics from Waterloo to Bank Hall and take a peek at Bank Hall Shed on my way to and from the ground so my two passions are inextricably linked.

Stan - still an Everton season ticket holder . . .

Shame, I was hoping it was true - my missus is a toffe's supporter and this might have let me get one by saying "look dear, it has the 1964 Everton team inside"

• RMweb Gold

Nice one Flapland! and have to agree with Max

No doubt it isnt perfect but the overall effect is awesome.

Mind you have not managed to run on DCC yet coz someone has borrowed my ECoS!

And SWMBO is so impressed she is suggesting I set Abbotswood up in the kitchen to give it a proper run

Hee hee

Phil

If Tim at Arcadia has mine tomorrow, I could well be the first to have one in EM Gauge by tomorrow night!

remind me again what set up it has on the wheels, is it split like the Bachmann 85? ive just successfully EM'd one of those today using the original wheels and plastic axle spacers made from cotton wool bud stems of all things.

My understanding is its exactly the same as the DMU wheels, split axle with the plastic muff. It should just be a case of drifting the wheels out on each side to a 16.5mm back to back, I've converted 4 Bachy DMU's successfully the same way.

• RMweb Premium

I expect to see a flux of YouTube videos this weekend :D

Wouldn't mind a BP set myself but just not my time frame.

I could possibly get away with a BP running past Great West Road (aka 81C in the real world) but I've not got room to get the mainline in. :cry:

Saw it on Bolsover and Seven Lane Pit at Warrington (No, you can't have one, says HWMBO)

Archived