Bachmann Midland Pullman

Ian Hargrave

Never mind the gee gees, the Midland Pullman was frequently hired by Everton FC to take their team to away matches in the early 1960s. This accounts for the many (unpublished) photos of the unit passing Bank Hall Shed on its way to these fixtures. . . .

Stan

Good job they didn't let their supporters on then

Now it's here it looks to be causing more froth than when it wasn't available.

OK. I've got me coat on.

OzzyO.

PS. I DO hope that it's been worth the long wait. Lovely looking "train" just a pity that one set did not survive.

Lovely looking "train" just a pity that one set did not survive.

Yes, a lot of interesting early diesels that went for scrap in the early 70s missed out on the chance of preservation as most people were only interested in preserving steam engines at the time. The D600s and D6300s also vanished around the same time (although one D6300 was bought for preservation but cut up at Swindon by mistake).

People who talk of preserving Pacers etc in the next few years may get laughed at but they have a point. Only with hindsight do we realise what was lost.

Interesting changes of emphasis over the life of this thread.............before it was

Can't wait for the...............

D) "the grilles covering the left hand thrupple nuts are a scale 1/2" too thick - therefore it's a rubbish model !"

and then it'll be..............."

E) e-Bay rip-off merchants etc etc....."

(this post is meant to be light-hearted before some get too animated.....................) :no:

and so Phase D arrives, with Phase E imminent................. :lol:

Whats' next on the "we must have it" froth list......??

and why are 4-finger Kitkats plastic wrapped and 2-finger Kitkats still in foil & paper ?? Doesn't make sense....

Sorry it's the excitement getting to me..... :yahoo:

Just in case my earlier post on the use of Midland Pullmans by Everton FC somehow becomes "the Gospel Truth" because it appeared on RMWeb, I should mention that my Mother-in-Law (Bless her) reckoned "the Truth" was what appeared in the Liverpool Echo. There is no record of that "newspaper" ever recording use of the Midland Pullman by Everton FC.

Of course, in the model world . . . .

Stan

Just in case my earlier post on the use of Midland Pullmans by Everton FC somehow becomes "the Gospel Truth" because it appeared on RMWeb, I should mention that my Mother-in-Law (Bless her) reckoned "the Truth" was what appeared in the Liverpool Echo. There is no record of that "newspaper" ever recording use of the Midland Pullman by Everton FC.

Of course, in the model world . . . .

Stan

Shame, I was hoping it was true - my missus is a toffe's supporter and this might have let me get one by saying "look dear, it has the 1964 Everton team inside"

Like many other I to have had an email to say my BP is on its way..................................the downside is, my good lady has said that there will be no BP service operating in this house untl December 25th.

6 weeks away what am I to do!

Archived