Bachmann Midland Pullman

Ian Hargrave

I will be collecting mine on Sunday. Wondering if there has been any clarification on the subject of running in conjunction with high frequency track cleaners.Can I just 'dechip' it and carry on?

Jack

Yes, you can. One of the units on the video we did - the yellow-ended unit - was running without decoders - the blanking plugs are supplied.

I did not say it was a rip off. If you are going to challenge a post, kindly make it a valid challenge.[/size]

Colin

Yeah OK Colin, but we all know what you were driving at..........

Now its getting dark so has anybody lit up their BP yet? Lots of comments, no piccies......

Anybody on here ordered one (or anything for that matter!) from Holts? I ordered one about 6 months ago from them, got a confirmation email of the order, but heard nothing since. Do items ordered from them just turn up, or do they contact your before sending out?

Cheers

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Hands up those who saw the real thing... post-6680-0-14487600-1352312289.gif

Meeeee (both Midland and Western ones). it was one of those occasions in my youth when the future seem to have arrived right now. Another one being the launch of the Jaguar E type , another WOW moment.

• RMweb Gold

whos gonna be the first to weather one? at least the roof and underframe.

or maybe go the other way and have white painted tyre treads.

:O :o OOOH Jimbo wants to do this to mine! Now his weathering is excellent but I have never seen a shot of this in anything other than absolutely ex works condition as modelled! Hee hee Have you?

Phil

Me too, though only a couple of times. Mind you, I saw the western version most days and, to be honest, I was no more impressed then than I am now, but don't let that spoil anyone's fun with their new toy :scratchhead:

Nick

• RMweb Gold

I remember being taken as a child in the early 1960s to Sydney Gardens in Bath, to watch the Blue Pullman race through. The fact that it had an additional 'engine' on the rear used to frighten the wits out of me...

(but no yellow ends in those days!)

• RMweb Premium

I remember that myself now you mention it,and thats better that its not Everton ;)

I found a reference on the six bells junction website, http://www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk/, which quotes 5th March 1966 for a BP football special from Coventry to Lime Street and return. Unfortunately for you, it was an Everton-Cov FA cup match. Unfortunately for Cov, they lost 3-0. :ireful:

Graham

I was fortunate enough to travel from St.Pancras to Leicester on a set which had been pressed into service at short notice back in 1967 and later on when transferred to the Western I travelled on the Oxford Pullman at least half a dozen times, including the final run where I was allowed to keep the glass I had been drinking from. I think my mother still has it in one of her cupboards somewhere.

Needless to say there will be one running on my ECML flavoured layout by the end of the week!

I found a reference on the six bells junction website, http://www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk/, which quotes 5th March 1966 for a BP football special from Coventry to Lime Street and return. Unfortunately for you, it was an Everton-Cov FA cup match. Unfortunately for Cov, they lost 3-0. :ireful:

Graham

Of course that is why the colour scheme is what it was (and is in the model form).

Anyone else remember Kenneth Wolstenholme's wonderful comment at one of the 1954 World Cup matches that "the sky is as blue as an Everton shirt"?

I never saw the original BP but so what? It looks a splendid model and one which I will be pleased to own. Any sign of the Sheffield box shifter getting any stock? That's where my order was placed . . .

Stan

Only in it's last days. Dad sometimes used to take me to Southall (footbridge, of course), to watch the trains for an hour or so in summer after he got home from work, before tea, and we used to see it go through on the evening 'down' service. Seem to remember him saying it was the South Wales Pullman.

For those with them and who have carried out some detailed investigation...is there anywhere to fit speakers?

And what do we think would be the closest sound file? Assuming no BP sound chips exist....

Martin

ordered over the phone, quick and easy. :)

dont think there should be any objections to posting the link for others.

http://www.modelrailwaystore.net/

sorry Hattons, nothing personal but thats business, £10 cheaper and not having to wait a fortnight when id ordered it a year ago. the wait didnt really bother me but even so.

Now listed as £305, so its gone up £25 in a day, nice.

Archived