Bachmann Midland Pullman

Ian Hargrave

Hi

I've just had an email from Hattons saying they are having a Blue Pullman day on 2/11/2012 and that delivery is expected from the 5/11/2012. Sadly for me this is the OO version not the N one which I'm hoping wont be far behind as the advert for it has appeared in the model press.

Cheers

Paul

Hi

Bit strange, what can they show at a BP day 3 days before they get the models, or have the dates got mixed up!!

Ian

Hi

Bit strange, what can they show at a BP day 3 days before they get the models, or have the dates got mixed up!!

Ian

They probably had one or two units sent to them earlier as all the magazines did, by air freight, as they are a large purchaser.

Hi

Ian

They obviously have a few pre release models to show but no stock for sale.

I'm thinking of flying over for the day :P

They obviously have a few pre release models to show but no stock for sale.

I'm thinking of flying over for the day :P

Hi

Granted, but, it just seems to me to be better to hold off until they have the models then buyers could collect.

Ian

Hi

Granted, but, it just seems to me to be better to hold off until they have the models then buyers could collect.

Ian

I would think so as well.

Maybe they have to have the preview on the Friday or maybe they're just trying to get people in to boost sales ?

• RMweb Gold

I even hoovered down the side of the cushions on the sofas - but no more joy there!!!

So will have to rely on more current assets - dont ever remember making such a large single investment in an item of rolling stock before.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I even hoovered down the side of the cushions on the sofas - but no more joy there!!!

So will have to rely on more current assets - dont ever remember making such a large single investment in an item of rolling stock before.

Phil

Go on - treat yourself - you know you want to...

Chris

• RMweb Premium

I ordered the Kevin Robertson book for some background reading whilst the model I ordered is stowed till Xmas.

Can anyone tell me whether the elusive image(s) of the yellow ended version are in the first book or the later supplement.

N

It's in the supplement, page 63, in b&w not colour. There's only the one photo with the full yellow ends as per the Bachmann model, of power car M60093, and with no jumper cables fitted.

I've just received the Noodle Books volume "Pioneer Diesels Around London", which includes a colour photo (from the Andrew Smith collection) of PC 60090 inside Old Oak Common in Nanking Blue still labelled "Midland Pullman" and with some sort of yellow end, photo dated 6 January 1967. Is this the Bachmman yellow end livery and is it a different PC to one in the already posted photograph on the Newbury line?

And did this Andrew Smith take any other photos of the set that day I wonder...?

I know nothing about these sets other than what has been said in this thread, but can others interpret/comment?

Under starters orders......

In 1964 and 1965, The Blue Pullman worked race-goers charter trains to the home of the Grand National at Aintree. To coincide with the release of the new Bachmann OO scale model of the same train, the model was launched outside the World famous racecourse with Bachmann handing over an example of both versions of the model to nearby Liverpool retailer Hatton’s.

Aintree.jpg

Graham Hubbard (Managing Director Bachmann Europe Plc), Paul Hill (Retail Manager, Hatton’s of Liverpool), Richard Davies (Business Development Manager, Hatton’s of Liverpool) and Dennis Lovett (Public Relations Manager, Bachmann Europe Plc) at the launch the Blue Pullman outside Aintree Racecourse.

The first of the OO scale models have been released to Bachmann dealers from the company’s Leicestershire base and will start appearing in the shops this week.

Following the launch outside Aintree Racecourse, the two models re-appeared at Hatton’s open day where members of staff and customers were able to familiarise themselves with the model for the first time - the 6 car train being put through its paces on Hatton’s test track.

Visitors to the Smithdown Road shop were able to enjoy a buffet laid on by Hatton’s and talk to representatives of both Bachmann and Hatton’s regarding the much requested and eagerly awaited Blue Pullman models.

The winner of the 1964 Grand National was “Team Spirit” and the winners name epitomises the effort put in by Bachmann’s design team to produce an absolute thoroughbred. An N scale version is due for release shortly.

Graham Hubbard, Managing Director of Bachmann Europe Plc said today “the Blue Pullman is a classic train and against all the odds we have been able to produce what many consider to be a clear favourite”.

funny enough, ive recentley got hold of some previously unseen colour shots of the blue pullman (western) on route to Aintree and shots of the Aintree and north Liverpool area, I cant show them as they are to be published in a new book soon.

one of the western sets passing Aintree mpd.

6008771421_09bca1d72f_z.jpg

Aintree by Kerry Parker (KP), on Flickr

Archived