Β 

Plastic Pellets for Palmetto

Hi,

Β 

Model Junction have this devilish red one in stock and I was tempted to buy it.... but no, I'll have to look for a plain grey one!

:devil:

post-7898-0-95819700-1321632490_thumb.jpg

Β 

Mal

Β 

I'm afraid the devil got the better of me after all, I found an Atlas 5701 on special offer at approx same price as the Athearn car and couldn't resist.

Much more detail of course, and it's also red!

Β 

post-7898-0-58145300-1321697777.jpg

Β 

cheers,

Β 

Mal

Hi,

Β 

On my last visit to Palmetto, in addition to the new plastics pellet Transload facility, I noticed that the Food Processor had appeared to have gone out of business

and the vegetable oil storage silos had been removed.

Β 

Β 

Before

Β 

post-7898-0-37434700-1322136274_thumb.jpg

Β 

Β 

After

Β 

post-7898-0-51143400-1322136369_thumb.jpg

Β 

Β 

Then, looking back at the Transload facility I wondered if the silos had been recycled ;)

Β 

post-7898-0-71035400-1322136687_thumb.jpg

Β 

Β 

The good news is that the Food Processor warehouse has now been occupied by a beer distributor! Now I'm pretty confident that business

has a long future and made my contribution by buying some Sam Adams and Brooklyn Lager from Sainsburys.

Β 

Β 

cheers,

Β 

Mal

Sam Adams is the anti-christ of craft beer. Not a brewery at all but a PR corporation that owns a brand name and farms out the brewing to others.

Β 

Mal, you want the following: Brooklyn (as noted), Goose Island, Sierra Nevada, Anchor, Rogue. Note: previous names chosen only due to their availability in Sainsburys. Other good American craft beers are available in the UK. Your mileage may vary, void in Idaho.

Thanks Andrew,

Β 

My favourite used to be Pete's Wicked Ale. (No offence, Pete!) which was available from Oddbins. Haven't seen it in the UK for years.

Β 

Also picked up some 'Blue Moon', and wondered if it had anything to do with the lyric in 'The Sopranos' theme tune?

Β 

Β 

cheers,

Β 

Mal :drink_mini:

• RMweb Gold

Blue Moon I like but also is also now owned by a big US brewer so does tend to be less thought of. If you want good American craft beers try The North in Leeds, Sheffield Station Tap,, Pivni in York, Euston Tap outside London Euston, The Rake in Borough Market, London, The recently opened Craft Beer Co in Clerkenwell London and for this weekend especially the White Horse Parsons Green, London where they normally have a very good range of Amrecian brews at their Winter beer fest. Otheriwse its the Utobeer in Borough market onmarket days for bottles. ANothef good place for bottles / soem draft Amerrican brews is the small but growing Brewdog pubs, mainly in Scotland but expanding into England.

Β 

Ian

Calm down Ian and take a breath. This isn't the place for a hop fuelled thread hijack. :nono: Besides you missed Tap East in Stratford. For online ordering its Beers of Europe & MyBreweryTap,

Β 

:drink_mini:

Β 

Mal, word of warning, mention of craft beer tends to elicit a Pavlovian response in Roundhouse, Warbonnet, & myself.

Dear RMWebbers,

Β 

What? "Brooklyn" beers get to the UK?

http://www.brooklynbrewery.com/index.php/landing/

Β 

Darn, I was trying soo hard to locate a supplier of them down here in Oz when "Brooklyn : 3AM" made it's debut,

but couldn't find a single local source, despite significant efforts...

(The "Brooklyn Brown"

http://www.brooklynbrewery.com/beer?id=4

is mentioned a few times in the leading NYCH/NYD/Bush-terminal and other NYC Rail Marine "must-have" references books as being the "railfan hydration fluid of choice" for the area...)

Β 

Returning you to your regularly scheduled program...

Β 

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

• RMweb Gold

Brooklyn in bottles and others certainly do and we can even get some brews on draft but at a price. The Coronado brew I had last night was 9 pounds a pint but that is cheper than flying to San Diego to get it.

Β 

Sorry for going a bit off topic Mal but you had to mention a brewery on your layout......

Β 

Ian

Wow!

Β 

I certainly didn't expect that response. Funny how trains and beer seem to have a close association for railfans.

Β 

It didn't take much imagination on my part to think of a beer distributor for an industry.

Β 

Anyway, to return the thread to trains - I'll have to find one of these Exactail beer cars

Β 

post-7898-0-62117800-1322214999.jpg

Β 

Β 

cheers,

Β 

Mal

We are already sitting in one drinking American beers but what a lovely site it is with a bit of railroad and loads of beer!

Β 

Maybe I will have to close the juice factory and model this instead?

Β 

Ian

Β 

Have a spare BNSF one if you're interested!! :D

Β 

Dan

Hi,

Β 

With 2 new industries being added at Palmetto, I just had to go along to film some switching action.

Β 

Here's what I found.......http://www.youtube.c...u/0/45LPlmEbIr8

Enjoy,

Β 

Mal

Always a pleasure to watch the action at Palmetto..!! I like the subtle deception - the switcher arrives on the point of the hoppers, and manages to run round them, somehow... ;) Looks fabulous, though!!

Thanks,

Β 

I wanted to try something different, but of course, I couldn't decieve eagle-eyed RMWebbers. ;)

Β 

It has got me thinking that a run-around might be included in my next project. You just can't beat

Β 

a loco on the point!

Β 

Β 

regards,

Β 

Mal

Archived