Reminder: USA and Canadian Railroads!

Just a reminder that we do actually have a section in Special Interest for followers of the USA and Canadian Railroads, both Prototype and Models (incl. Mexico - it's really North American Railroads).

You can ask questions there, post plans, photos, layouts, anything really to do with them........North America still has the most diverse selection of locomotive hauled trains, companies with a real history and interesting liveries etc.

When it was a separate Group it had the most members and the most posts - don't let it become moribund!

Cheers, Pete.

Pete, is there any traction in grabbing all the North American threads from the Overseas section and moving them to the North American section? I quite often troll the NA but forget the other section so I miss things like the Menasha thread.

I'm not sure about that - I couldn't do it.

What I'd really like to see is USA and Canadian Railroads brought out from being "buried" amongst "Special Interests" groups and given it's own sub-section. Some of the listings in "Special Interests" were not successful at any time........

Best, Pete.

I'm with Andrew, I check out this forum everyday yet I had almost forgotten about the overseas forum, and I too missed most of the Menasha thread until I saw it on the active content search.

I've got a project and new layout coming up soon that'll post here as opposed to the overseas section.

Dave

I try and cover all when I come on site by hitting: "View New Content" but I still (somehow) manage to miss some interesting threads....

I was really just concerned that some New Members (or potential) of RMWeb might be missing out on some great data and/or help.

Best, Pete.

Pete,

I also start by looking at view new content and I do think that we do have enough traffic in this forum to be noticed on that VNC search. There are 3 threads on the first page on new content now. But I do agree it would be good to be seperated from that long list of old groups on the front page.

Dave

Hi,

I agree with you guys.

I still look at 'Overseas Modelling' occaisonally,and my CSX Palmetto Spur thread is there, of course. There is very little new North American content there now, Menasha being the exception.

I think it would be good to try to increase the profile of 'USA and Canadian Railroads' ,traffic seems to have slowed a bit recently, maybe because some members are missing

this excellent forum.

Mal

Archived