Β 

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Β 

I am currently working on an Athearn Genesis SD70I which had been turned out in a dodgy faux Irish livery! It has been stripped, rebuilt and is now to be painted into its true colours of Canadian National.

Β 

However, I'm having trouble acquiring the correct paint colours, especially the red. Could anyone recommend colours which would be close to the red, white and black of CN? I will need to be able to source them in Ireland or have them shipped here, which may rule out some North American retailers so pardon my awkwardness!

Β 

Many thanks for any suggestions,

Β 

Fran

Here's the official corporate image page, with photographs. This feels like the "true" livery colour. You can download the logo on the logo tab. I think the CN logo is fully saturated red, like the national (maple leaf) flag. RGB = 255,00,00, but download the logo and do a colour check.

Β 

I suspect the livery red is approximately the same colour but I can't tell for sure. I would think signal red would work. Red is very sensitive in photographs and a lot of the photos I looked at had an orange tinge, particularly with sunset photos but I think the true colour is pure red.

Β 

These are my opinions only. I'm not speaking with any authority here.

Archived