Β 

It all has to go,

To be honest I think they really didn't believe they'd be forced out.....and the other issue is that the model railway community in the Montreal area isn't that large considering the population size of the area(3 million)...at a guess it is probably only about 10-20% of the size for a similar catchement area in the UK so i don't think they would have been able to get the funds from the usual fund-raising events.

Pretty much every model railroad that is in a railroad or commercial space has met that end. If your club doesn't own the space then you have to assume you will be evicted at some point. Buying a commercial property is pretty tough, since it could be valued in the hundreds of thousands or even hit a million dollars. Even worse is if the layout is in a room in a larger building. The whole might be worth millions of dollars, but isn't commercially viable with a club leasing one part of it. I have known clubs that have gotten kicked out of park or community spaces when the needs of the community changed over years.

Archived