Bachmann lifting jacks

I have just purchased a pack of 4 Bachmann lifting jacks ,do the lifting arms need to be glued to the desired height that the rolling stock is to be liftted ,just a questiion because mine fall away from the jack when rolling stock are placed on them .

Thanks

Hi,

Basically, yes, the jacks as they come can be moved up and down if pressure or weight is put on them, so you will have to glue them at a desired height. I would add something to support the actually support, because they may be a bit flimsy when holding a piece of stock

Or you could devise a solution that allows you to move the jacks up and down and hold a piece of stock nicely

Hope this helps

Simon

I have used a set to lift a Hornby class 50. All the jacks have needed to secure them in a raised position was some superglue. I had to pack out the underneath of the 50 with plasticard for it to sit properly. (Also helped to secure the broken chassis block that I used). I am sure someone will be along soon to tell me the jacks are positioned incorrectly!!

post-512-0-68379100-1320175895_thumb.jpg

post-512-0-18316500-1320175935_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Basically, yes, the jacks as they come can be moved up and down if pressure or weight is put on them, so you will have to glue them at a desired height. I would add something to support the actually support, because they may be a bit flimsy when holding a piece of stock

Or you could devise a solution that allows you to move the jacks up and down and hold a piece of stock nicely

Hope this helps

Simon

Thank you will try that

Archived