Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

3 hours ago, polybear said:

Issue a Small Claims Court Summons (£35 for a £300 claim) - or you could always up the claim to cover the cost of kit + wheels + professional build (which it was) and paint job; that'll be eighty quid for up to £1500.

I did see if I could block this seller on Ebay (so I never accidentally buy anything from them in the future) but it looks like I can only block them from bidding on any of my sales - which I've done.

You can take someone to the small claims court for £35. 

If the judge rules in your favour, a court order will be made to reimburse you.

However, the other party can simply ignore the court order and you have to pay a further £95 to get the bailiffs involved.

As for the police, like I said, don't hold your breath.

Unless you reported the item stolen at the time, they are unlikely to pursue it.

Sorry to seem negative, but that has been my experience.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I would try dropping your local police an email explaining what has happened. If you hear nothing, you can, quite honestly, tell the seller that you have contacted the police. 

You never know, the police may follow up anyway. 

Roy

The only chance of that progressing is if you can film him overtaking on a solid white line/not stopping at a red light/overtaking a cyclist too closely or similar and when the police get involved he's got the model in the car!

Mike.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

The only chance of that progressing is if you can film him overtaking on a solid white line/not stopping at a red light/overtaking a cyclist too closely or similar and when the police get involved he's got the model in the car!

Mike.

Or in a bus lane...

🤪

Edited by Tim Dubya
linkage
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

Or if he "likes" an allegedly contentious comment on social media and the police go round to seize his computer and charge him with hate crimes.

You may have guessed that I have zero confidence in law enforcement or process in this country!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, MrWolf said:

You can take someone to the small claims court for £35. 

If the judge rules in your favour, a court order will be made to reimburse you.

However, the other party can simply ignore the court order and you have to pay a further £95 to get the bailiffs involved.

As for the police, like I said, don't hold your breath.

Unless you reported the item stolen at the time, they are unlikely to pursue it.

Sorry to seem negative, but that has been my experience.

I once won a Small Claims Court case against a dodgy backstreet garage. They didn't pay up but because I was able to trace his bank details (through my own bank checking where my cheque had been banked), I was able to take out an Order Garnishee, effectively freezing his bank account until he paid up.

He was down the County Court building first thing the next morning with his payment!

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, rka said:

The other things that he's listed seem to be mostly a load of old tat...

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

The other things that he's listed seem to be mostly a load of old tat...

If anyone knows who might sell stolen goods and old tat in Blackburn, with a side interest in sea-angling, might they contact me by PM?

CJI.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

The new listing has a different Ebay user ID. The orginal listing was ‘seangler12’, a sller by the name of Michael Hartley from Blackburn

The new listing is the same person using a different ID ‘WEN-I-WER-A-KID’  presumably to get around a block selling it on the original account

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Ryde-on-time said:

The new listing has a different Ebay user ID. The orginal listing was ‘seangler12’, a sller by the name of Michael Hartley from Blackburn

The new listing is the same person using a different ID ‘WEN-I-WER-A-KID’  presumably to get around a block selling it on the original account

Shop name vs user id

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Ryde-on-time said:

That's his shop name 👍

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Ryde-on-time said:

There is a Michael Hartley, electrician, listed on Linkdn (or whatever) from Blackburn.

Anyone here from the Blackburn and East Lancashire MRC?

CJI.

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, MJI said:

I left bad feedback last week of stop selling stolen goods

I have sent him a message this evening, warning that a goodly portion of the model railway fraternity are well aware that he is trying to sell stolen goods, and that he is bound to be identified soon.

CJI.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

Tempted to message him and remind him that this is stolen goods and it's being talked about all over the model railway forums, that his name and location is out there etc.

For what it's worth, I'll report it to eBay.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Tempted to message him and remind him that this is stolen goods and it's being talked about all over the model railway forums, that his name and location is out there etc.

For what it's worth, I'll report it to eBay.

Already done - see above.

CJI.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve tried to report it as well but the same as others have experienced it won’t go through as it’s asking for my organisation

I was tempted to message him but just my luck I’d get reported and be the one banned by eBay! 

regard who he is, it’s no secret, he’s a business seller and if you click the ‘about’ tab his name and address is right there

D492341D-EC3B-4AF3-802F-65EF097AEF4B.jpeg.2c6f7018845960510d70a5717faf8435.jpeg

Edited by big jim
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

Personally, I'd be writing a letter before action and sending it first class signed for to the address given on the eBay listing, costs sod all bar a couple of quid for the post and time.

If nothing else it puts it in writing and may put the wind up the seller, if you should decide then to continue with the action then the small claims court is not onerous at all, been there four times with separate cases two involving major high street chains, one defunct that sold electrical goods and one a very large 'American burger chain' ......after my first visit I swiftly learnt that if I have an issue with payment or goods then I don't  mess around, it's hard enough at times being a self employed sole trader..... My win rate is 4/4.....and I'm no expert!

I'd guess his legal advice is his mate down the pub.....

If you did continue legal action via scc then it's very easy to set the details out for the circuit Judge to decide the details, my guess is you'd walk it with the evidence already shown here. I can't see there being a problem in the overlap of potential criminal and civil claim as to be honest I doubt the police will do anything other than sod all.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

My experience with SCC is that they like to see some effort has been made to resolve a dispute. That you have tried to purchase it even though by rights it's yours would be that, and the fact the seller has refused that offer would seal it. People can be very 'unmoveable' until the court bailifs serve the court summons at which time the reality hits home and all of a sudden they want to settle at any price.

Bob

• Like 4