Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

Since I have one of the Carlisle Princesses here at the moment (on its way back to France next month), I'll bring it along to Scaleforum in case anybody wants to have a look. This one is 46205, first one I built off the original etch. We will have a sample of the latest revision with us as well, all sold but about to be re-ordered.

If you didn't see it at Scaleforum, this is what it looked like

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Moving on to pantographs, the long promised 25kv cross arm is now ready for production. This has not been easy to design or produce but the test etch model works very well. since I don't have a loco this will fit on it has been assembled on a brass plate. Testing was done by attaching this with BluTack to one engine casing of a Hunslet Scunthorpe Bo-Bo with very good results.

attachicon.gifDSCF2562.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF2561.JPG

Superb news, I'd missed this until someone told me over the weekend. 6 of them please!

Andi

• 3 weeks later...

mike will the J10 include any boiler fittings in particular chimney as they are a bit of a faff to source?

I've been doing a bit of research concerning J10 and N5 and I reckon that they were designed to have the same boiler mountings, but it's also clear that there were variations during the LNER period. The SEF castings for their N5 ought to do the business.

Regards

• RMweb Gold

We may have some of these in a week or so, not worked out the price yet but it will be more than the ones we sell at present.

Thanks Michael, could you PM me once you know more please?

Ta 

Andi

• RMweb Premium

We may have some of these in a week or so, not worked out the price yet but it will be more than the ones we sell at present.

So that is the major Lima 87 problem sorted.

Thanks

Martin

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mike, Is there a complete catalogue downloadable somewhere?  I can see that the one on UK Modelshops does not include everything mentioned on RMweb.  Eg the odd LMS pacific and conversion kits from Ivatt to Riddles 2-6-0s

If not, I will say hello at York