Bachmann Class 47 sound problems- what to do?

michaeld

Dear All,

I have a problem with the Bachmann Class 47 sound fitted loco. Basically when the sound chip is fitted the loco shorts out,when its removed and the dc plug fitted the loco works perfectly.

I wondered if the decoder was faulty (Bachmann dont want to know as they say I have invalidated the warranty by removing the deocder!!)

I was thinking of trying to hardwire a standard decoder to see if theres a fault of the circuit board (not wanting to waste money and blow another chip! But maybe I have to do this to establish where the fault lies, chip,circuit board etc) Is this a complicated procedure having never done it before.

Has anyone had any similar problems, I was very saddened by Bachmanns response,I think I will try ESU direct in Germany about a replacement if the decoder is faulty though.

Any thoughts??

many thanks Michael

Any thoughts??

many thanks Michael

I'm assuming you're in the UK....

I'm also assuming you bought it new from a retailer....

Your contract is not with Bachmann it is with the seller, the Sale of Goods Act states that goods must be fit for purpose - yours is clear not!

Politely take it up with the seller. Do not let them fob you off to Bachmann. It is the seller's problem.

-Rob

Archived