Wanted- Kato HO Scale SD38-2 Handrail set SORTED

Pretty much as it says in the title; I need a Handrail Set for the Kato HO Scale SD38-2.

Kato USA website shows them as out of Stock. It also lists the same part for the SD40; also - unsurprisingly - out of stock! Due to the 'batch' production methods, it seems they won't be back in stock any time soon.

Any one happen to have a set they don't want....?? :help: :help: :help:

Pretty much as it says in the title; I need a Handrail Set for the Kato HO Scale SD38-2.

Kato USA website shows them as out of Stock. It also lists the same part for the SD40; also - unsurprisingly - out of stock! Due to the 'batch' production methods, it seems they won't be back in stock any time soon.

Any one happen to have a set they don't want....?? :help: :help: :help:

Dear F-Unit,

A quick look at eBay.com shows a number of SD38 and SD40 handrail sets available, mostly Atlas or newer "Horizon Era" Athearn (the better detailed celecon ones).

http://toys.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=handrail+sd&_sacat=19128&_dmpt=Model_RR_Trains&_odkw=handrail&_osacat=19128&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Maybe a handrail swap could get you out of trouble?

(Assuming all of the manufacturers are modelling "the same SD40", the dimensions shouldn't be too dis-similar???)

Just thinking out loud...

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

PS Worst comes to worst, a packet of Smokey Valley handrail staunchions + some brass wire, or even a complete "SD handrail kit", might give a solution???

http://toys.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=smokey+valley+sd&_sacat=19128&_odkw=smokey+valley&_osacat=19128&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Yes, I'd seen the Athearn sets on Ebay.com - plenty of 'em for sure, but I must admit I was a bit worried that there'll be some stupid reason why they don't fit Kato locos, like the mounting holes being bigger/smaller/just slightly too close/far apart.... :rolleyes: you know how it is...

Also the Shipping Costs quoted for some of those who do recognise there's a World beyond the Lower 48 can be simply astronomical... :blink: :angry:

I have a load of the old Athearn metal stanchions spare, so if push comes to shove... but as this loco will lash-up most of the time with another Kato SD I'd prefer it if their handrails matched. ;)

And Kato USA has none. Same handrails go on their SD40-2s...

Like wot I said in my OP...

Kato USA website shows them as out of Stock. It also lists the same part for the SD40; also - unsurprisingly - out of stock!

:laugh: ;)

:cry:

Archived