Weathered freight cars for Sweethome Alabama

I started building Sweethome Alabama exactly 2 years ago and have now reached the stage where the trackwork, electrics and scenery are pretty much complete, so much so that I have accepted an invite to attend a Model Railway exhibition in November.

I now have to concentrate on detailling and weathering the rolling stock which will run on the layout.

The latest freight car to enter service is a TTX excess height boxcar (Athearn Genesis 60' Gunderson). although a bit new for the layout (2007 build), it's a very nice model and the graffiti was added by a friend at work, who is a wargaming figure painter. The prototype photos I found showed very clean cars, but many of them had been 'tagged' with graffiti, possibly within weeks of entering service.

TTX3.jpg

TTX2.jpg

TTX4.jpg

IMG_0674.JPG

Jon

Jon - if you want to do some graffiti ( or get your mate to do it ) get yourself a copy of this - worth every penny

http://www.amazon.co...11795041&sr=8-1 Recommended to me by a gent doing demos at Perth

Dear Jack,

A quick search on some audction sites shows at least 3 different covers for what aledges to be the same book,

buyer beware!

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

Archived