Β 

Hows this for a varied loco fleet?

I've recently re-discovered the Minnesota Commercial railroad (MNNR) and have been doing a bit of 'looking up' on it! I'm strongly tempted to start modelling it actually as there are some of my favourite US locos still running on this road! While it's only a small road of 150 miles, they have 4 & 6 axle Alcos and GE's and recently had a CF7 as well as SW1200 and SW1500's. Easy paint job, too! All time roster here; http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locolist.aspx?id=MNNR Click on the loco number to go to the pictures! Cheers, John E.

In the past, in HO, Atlas have done a B23-7 and P2K a RS27 in MNNR. A little strangley Athearn have never got round to doing a CF7 for this road given the miriad of other shortlines they have done up to this point

Β 

Very good C Vision DVD. The same company produces a great range of DVD's on Upper Mid West shortlines is that has got your juices flowing

Β 

Dan Spalding

Very good C Vision DVD. The same company produces a great range of DVD's on Upper Mid West shortlines is that has got your juices flowing....

Yep - like the one on Progressive Rail... such a bad influence it's even dragging me away from the Soo Line... :yes: :laugh: :help: :yahoo:

Thanks for the responses guys!

That dvd is on order now, I'll get a drip tray ready!

Cheers,

John E.

Β 

PS Do P2K do spare bodyshells, does anyone know?

Β 

My personal experience is that Walthers will supply spares inc body shells but when I did it I had e-mail and then phone up the US to confirm what was available & make payment. Even then its pot luck as to what they have lying around the warehouse. When I got my RS27 body it was just after Walthers had bought out P2K and the guy I spoke to admitted that they didn't have a clue as to what they did or didn't have at that stage.

Β 

As an aside I have an undec'd mint P2K RS27 going spare as present. If you're interested private message me

Β 

Dan Spalding

Now you are talking my scene! I've been looking at MNNR for soome time, and have a selection of locos which would fit the bill, but now I'm modelling the Progressive Rail's Dan Patch line, in the Bloomington -Lyndale area. The DVD is a great help, as is Google Earth! I'll put a few pictures on line when I have a moment.But check out http://lyndale-junction.webs.com/

Hoping that I'll be able to bring this new layout to next years TVNAM in partnership with young Jordan!

Β 

Β 

Dave

Archived