Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Hi Kevin,

Very nice modelling indeed. I like the use of the LEDs on the vehicles. I have experimented with a Dapol light bar inside a bus which has worked well but not tackled the head/tail lights yet but you have provided some good ideas.

Thanks

Mark

Many thanks for your comments guys, It is nice to think my stuff may encourage others, also if I did not model the sectorisation period then the 60's,70's would "be my bag" with a fetish for the diesel hydraulics.

Hornby Class 08094 shows of its new lights.

post-5799-0-87683200-1367829995.jpg

post-5799-0-82812100-1367830022.jpg

As we know road vehicles are a bit scarce for the mid 80's to mid 90's period but the VW T25s fit the bill and make a nice load for the Electroten vehicle carriers, (Pst.. want to buy some second hand Renault Traffic vans which came with the wagons originally).

And as for the next exhibition The New Forest Show at Brockenhurst on the bank holiday weekend at the end of this month, wont be long now.

Cheerio for now.

Kevin.

• Like 11

Hi Kevin,

The VWs look great sat on your wagons, the 08 looks good too, but I think they normally showed one red one white each end when shunting.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Kevin,

The VWs look great sat on your wagons, the 08 looks good too, but I think they normally showed one red one white each end when shunting.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Pete,

Here is 08954 again (got the number right this time)is this as it should be,

post-5799-0-22331800-1367850063.jpg

post-5799-0-60739200-1367850096.jpg

To be honest I have seen many 08's in my travels, but I cannot honestly recall taking much notice of the lights even if they were on or off, I have noticed they had more than two each end but that is as far as it goes, the main reason I like lights on everything is that with DCC it is easy to see which way the loco is going to head off in when applying power, many thanks to you Pete.

Regards,

Kevin.

• Like 12

Spot on Kevin,

From memory 08s had a small switch under each light so had to be turned on and off manually I can't remember how but the red lens could be moved to show whites, there was only a small globe so were never very bright, so if they were lft on during the day you probably wouldn't see them. 

The lights on the tamper look great too.

I am still sending locos the wrong way, I try and remember that fan end is forwards. Having lights certainly helps.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 1

And as for the next exhibition The New Forest Show at Brockenhurst on the bank holiday weekend at the end of this month, wont be long now.

Kevin.

Ah yes, I need to come and do some route learning on Leaford in preparation for the show.

All the lights and VW vans are looking great.

See you on Thursday.

Phil

• Like 1

Excellent Gronky chap, can't beat a good two tone grey shunter:)

Yes, this Hornby 08 started life as 0866 "Europa" in the international livery, I repainted the blue roof with Railmatch 246 Falcon Grey and gently removed the "distribution" and other markings and replaced with the markings of my favoured loco, also as a matter of interest this loco does not come fitted with lights but it is fitted with the standard Loksound V4 Soundchip which is fitted with all the connections you need for the lights to be fitted if you wish, it is a case of attaching wires appropriately.

Many thanks David your interest is appreciated,

I look forward to seeing you Phil a little later this evening.

Thanks again Pete for your supreme knowledge of the prototype.

post-5799-0-66199000-1368121196.jpg

post-5799-0-81649000-1368121232.jpg

To finish off with a little more automotive interest, see you at Brockenhurst If I don't see you before.

Bye for now.

Kevin

• Like 12

What a superb layout! :) cannot believe I have only just come across this one. Will be following this with interest! 

Oli 

The yard at Leaford is looking busy.

post-5799-0-67510200-1368698094_thumb.jpg

Just a reminder of the New Forest show approaching fast, a week Saturday/Sunday 25th/26th May 2013 at Brockenhurst, Leaford will be there along with some of the loco's from Exford Park (courtesy of Temeraire, thanks Ian).

See you there.

Kevin.

• Like 8

Looking good, can I ask where the auto racks come from? 

Regards 

Scott 

Thanks guys, Britfarmer (Scott) the auto racks are modified cut and shut based on the Hornby (Cartic 2) ones from nineteen hundred and frozen to death, because of that I suspect they must still be available  :mosking:  

hybridangel77 said

"The lights on the 08 look very realistic.i may have to add lights to my fleet of 08's now.god not another job to add to my never ending list of ongoing work, where does it all end,lol.

Terry"          

I know the feeling Terry, I have just realised that I have to put brass pin-point bearings in all of my older stock because of a new project, but what would we do with ourselves if the layouts we are building got finished?

Rolling Stones take a breather.

post-5799-0-59453800-1369035022.jpg

Well they are getting on a bit.

See you at Brockenhurst please see map above (courtesy of Scott aka Pitbull, cheers Scott)

Kevin.

• Like 8