The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Looking for info on a car

shortliner

Do you mean the new model which is being advertised on TV at the moment, or the previous incarnation? A friend of my son had one of the older ones (04 or 05 plate) which he and my sons all agreed was pretty good, BUT it wasn't "cool" enough for them, so he changed it for a chavved-up Corsa!

In Stevenage we have a long-established Kia dealer, so there are lots of them around here. In your position I'd be reluctant to get one if the nearest dealer is a long trek.

Ed

Try the Honest John site, he does reviews on new and secondhand and are usually on the mark...

His information, IMHO, is questionable. In the case of cars owned by family and friends I've seen some appalling errors and misinformation. I can't comment on the cars with which I'm not familar but the other examples would make me treat anything on there with extreme caution.

Parkers, as already mentioned, is good - far better than Honest John.

With regards the Picanto, whilst it's a car which holds no appeal for me (small cars with economical engines may make financial sense but they're not for me! :lol:), a friend has one and she has been quite happy with it and it copes with a decent commute each day.

We hired a Kia Picanto in Cyprus last year and found it very economical, comfortable and surprisingly roomy - I don't travel light when on holiday! It coped well with the variety of terrain and the unpredictable roads surfaces of the island too.

• RMweb Premium

I have a Hyundai i10 which is basically a slightly upmarket version of the Kia Picanto (same engine/body shell etc.). As others have stated it is a reliable, comfortable and economic car and very easy to get in and out of especially if you suffer from arthritis like me. The only down sides I have found is that it is impossible to lower the back seats without pushing the front seats well forward, which means in effect that only the passenger side can be folded down. The other one is that if you have the air-con on it uses a lot of fuel. Other than that I have found it to be an excellent car for what I need.