Β 

Bachmann Colorado Railcar full dome car

It may be common knowledge but it was news to me. Bachmann has added the Colorado full dome car to its range of Silver series rolling stock. I spotted it in Credit Valley Railroad store recently. The car, with open platform area at one end, is in the Holland America McKinley Explorer scheme to go with the earlier-style McKinley Explorer cars. Sorry, no photo, as one end of mine has had to be heavily repaired after being crushed in my (lost) luggage. Almost certainly, the damage was done by bags being THROWN from one bus to another by Pacific Coach Lines staff in Vancouver.

The model has Bachmann's standard lighting arrangement with pick-up through metal wheelsets, and e-z mate couplers, not the poor-running plastic wheels and old-style couplers used on the 'souvenir' McKinley Explorer cars.

CHRIS LEIGH

Thanks for the heads up, Chris.

Did you get out to Halifax this time? One of my favourite locations in Canada. Countryside surrounding also interesting and site of the biggest man made accidental non-Nuclear explosion in the World (but you knew that).

Β 

Best, Pete.

Thanks for the heads up, Chris.

Did you get out to Halifax this time? One of my favourite locations in Canada. Countryside surrounding also interesting and site of the biggest man made accidental non-Nuclear explosion in the World (but you knew that).

Β 

Best, Pete.

Β 

No, I had two days in Toronto and then took The Canadian across to Vancouver. With the Dayliner out of action due to track condition, there's very little railway interest on Vancouver Island now, although I did get to set Alberni Pacific's nice 2-8-2ST working out of Port Alberni. Will post a few pics in the appropriate prototype section. Incidentally, the Bachmann car is under repair. Some of the plastic has taken considerable pressure to bend it back into shape - the impact that damaged it must have been considerable.

I hope to get to Halifax next time. I've exhausted things to do on Vancouver Island (apart from the logging line up at Woss but that's a LONG drive) and decided that I ought to see some of the rest of Canada.

CHRIS LEIGH

Archived