The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

iPhone / RMWeb interface problem...

bcnPete

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon,

I just wondered if anyone else was experiencing a few interface problems with the forum and the iPhone.

Normally, the RMWeb forum works really well on my 3G iPhone, but this week I cannot seem to navigate the forum as before.

The page set up is different, it then requests that I log in (I used to be permanently logged in) and after that it gives error pages and signs me out. I have the IP Board app downloaded some time ago but I normally access the forum off Safari and you can normally do most things apart from upload photos.

Is anyone experiencing this...or is it just me? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance,

Pete

• RMweb Gold

I have been accessing the mobile version via Safari today with no problems.

I haven't accessed the full site version for a while though.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to reply BoD.

Same thing happening today too for me...I used to be able to get the same site in miniature on it, but now its a very dry format, lacking images.

Still seems to log me out when trying to access new content etc.

Shame, as I find it less accessible now...and less of interest when I am on the move.

• RMweb Gold

That sounds like the mobile site version you are viewing - there is a link to the full version at the bottom of each page .

Have you altered your cookie settings in the settings section of your phone?

Still seems to log me out when trying to access new content etc.

I had this earlier in the week on my Windows phone (horrible bit of kit, even when it does function). I only got one look at active/new content then it 'lost' the login. Haven't tried to sort it via settings etc yet, but I hadn't knowingly changed anything.

• RMweb Gold

the problem you describe is being discussed in the fault finding section of the forum, i have had major probs with both my iphone 4 and ipad accessing rmweb, getting the same problems you describe, down to the point i have tried different browser apps, opera and atomic web.

even though atomic web worked fine to start with it is a bit hit and miss now as to whether you will be logged out, but to be honest safari is the same, despite not working at all last week sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt now, ive since removed opera as i dont like the user interface

i visited the apple shop last week and tried rmweb on the store ipads and it worked fine, however trying on my pad at the same time (on the same wifi network) it wouldnt let me in,

andy seemed to think it was a cookies problem and advised me to clear my site cookies (bottom of the forum page), i also cleared the ipad and phone browser cookies with varying short term results, since i highlighted the problem to andy via email (i couldnt log in to start a thread) other users came forward with similar problems that seemed to be linked to when you try and use the "search" function you get kicked out then cant get back in, if i do log in it says it was sucessful but then says i still need to log in

• RMweb Gold

I did a quick search before posting but only came across the iPhone/DCC conversations - thanks for pointing this out as I did not think to look there.

I did change my iPhone settings yesterday, clearing cache, cookies etc....and it all started to work again...but then has lapsed back into logging me out and giving an error message saying I don't have permissions etc...I will keep an eye on the thread you are referring to.

Thank you

• RMweb Gold

Has there been a very recent software update? My 3GS is fine viewing new content and stays happily logged in on mobile or full versions, I only update rarely, and always leave it a week or so and check the apple forums, to give them time to fix bugs after a previous update killed the phone part of the phone!

Is anyone having problems on 3GS or just 4 and the iPad?

This may not help, but TalkTalk server has been like wading through molasses for the last three days ( to the point where I was tempted to ring the helpline as I thought they had reverted to dial-up!) - now, late afternoon, it is zipping alomg !

Guest jim s-w

Hi Pete

Not had the problems you describe with my iPhone but i have with my iPad. In both opera and safari

Cheers

Jim

No probs on my Xperia Android phone with the full version of the site. It never remembers the cookie between sessions to maintain the full version view, but that's a minor annoyance ;)

Greetings fellow X10 user, have you tried resaving the bookmark in full web view or checking your browser view settings?

Apologies if this is an egg sucking lesson, and to the iPhone users for going off topic.

C6T. (Could've told you the Windows phone would suck, it's got Windows on it...)

• RMweb Gold

Not had the problems you describe with my iPhone but i have with my iPad. In both opera and safari

Hi Jim - Thanks for this.

Its a shame as its taken the shine off catching up on the forum when I am in town for the day. It doesn't let me add comments, seems to distorts photos and keeps refusing to sign me in.

Strange really as all was tickety boo until a couple of weeks ago....

Pete

• RMweb Gold

Greetings fellow X10 user, have you tried resaving the bookmark in full web view or checking your browser view settings?

hmmm, neither worked - on my X10 Mini I'm running Opera Mobile and there is a "mobile View" setting but it's off. Saving the shortcut didn't help either.

I have found a workround for Gmail by adding a /h/?nocheckbrowser argument to the end of the URL - wonder if ipboard has a similar feature??????