Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

• RMweb Premium

Oxford Diecast are exhibiting at the London Toy Fair this week Tuesday 21 to Thursday 23 January, and at the Nurnberg Toy Fair next week from Wednesday 29 January.

No doubt they wil be launching a variety of new castings, and it would be good if someone who is there can report back on here quickly. Last year news, especially from the London event, was a bit slow to trickle back. A post here about new castings, if possible on the first day of each show, would be much appreciated.

Last year they showed additional castings at Nurnberg that weren't at London (an extra few days made all the difference), so that is worth bearing in mind.

John

• RMweb Premium

Aren't the Q1 -Q2 releases in the previous catalogue and displayed on Oxfords website? I seem to remember a blue T cab Scania and another Stobart with a fridge? trailer perhaps both for Q2 in N.

A google search hasn't turned up much, can anyone copy he list from Facebook please? I can't view it as I don't have an account, it says please sign in

jo

• RMweb Premium

Ooh! Many thanks to PhilJW for his link at post 256 above.

So the new scale that Oxford foreshadowed in their latest Globe is 1:18, with the first casting being the Messerschmitt KR200 Bubble Car.

From this list there are no new 1:148 castings.

There are 2 new 1:43 castings:

HT001 Healey Tickford (Maroon Monte Carlo 1953)

JAGV12001 Jaguar V12

There is one new plane casting at 1:72 Bristol F2B Royal Flying Corps.

AD002 DH4 RNAS 212 Squadron Q3

In 1:76 the new castings are:

76AH3001 Austin Healey 3000

76BT2001 Bentley T2 (1965-80 manufacture)

1:76 Oxford Haulage:

76DBU001 Scania Topline Drawbar Unit Eddie Stobart Q3

76FCG001 Ford Cargo Box Van BRS Q3

76SCL001 Scania Crane Lorry D R McLeod Q3

SHL01WF Scania Highline Walking Floor Eddie Stobart Q3

VOL01WF Volvo FH Walking Floor Alex Anderson Q3

1:76 Oxford Military - no new casting

1:76 Oxford Omnibus

76WFL001 Weymann Fanfare Southdown - the Weyman Fanfare was announced in September and is in the current catalogue in South Wales livery ref WFA001: this Southdown model has a different reference, so presumably is a different casting

1:76 Oxford Showtime

76FB6001 Fowler B6 Showmans Locomotive The Lion Anderton & Rowland.

This is on the basis that 001 models are new castings, and I hope this helps. There are various new liveries on existing castings: one thing that surprises me is that that are no new versions of the (superb) Bedford OX and OY castings.

John

The information on the facebook site was copied from a link I posted to this free online magazine:-

http://equilateralmedia.co.uk/zeteo/mar/index.php/news-and-views5/

No sign in required.

The items listed are additional to those previously announced which explains why these are Q3 delivery after the previous announcements arrive (I hope).

Mike

Aren't the Q1 -Q2 releases in the previous catalogue and displayed on Oxfords website? I seem to remember a blue T cab Scania and another Stobart with a fridge? trailer perhaps both for Q2 in N.

A google search hasn't turned up much, can anyone copy he list from Facebook please? I can't view it as I don't have an account, it says please sign in

jo

This  - http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/eras/1_148_0__Current.htm - shows the outstanding N gauge vehicles although there is no quarter indication of when they are due.

HTH.

G.

• RMweb Premium

London Toy Fair report

Phil Parker of Model Railway Express has put some brilliant photographs on today's report. On Oxford Diecast at 1:76 he has the first photo I have seen of a decorated sample of the Commer Commando one and a half deck bus (a funny looking thing, the casting looks irresistible!), also other new castings, and at 1:43 the first close up of a decorated sample of the Austin Seven saloon. Fabulous!

Phil has also included photos of Hornby's forthcoming Mk2E coach and the SR Drummond 700 Black Motor, both undecorated.

The link to these is at http://www.mremag.com/news/bulletin.asp and well worth looking at. With many thanks to Phil and MRE,

John

Edited by it's-er

• RMweb Premium

Yes, the detail on those N scale 1:148 trucks is astonishing - you could easily think they were 1:76 scale.

Time Tunnel Models now have the complete listing of Oxford Diecast's February to May releases on their website, including images, at

http://www.goldstarstockists.net/live/catalog/model-store-diecast-models-oxford-diecast-mid-late-2014-pre-orders-c-128_181_184_570.html

John

It does seem odd that an aircraft of WW2 (in pieces) is not being offered to accompany the Queen Mary unit.

Also, as I interpret the advance piccies in the catalogue, the Hornet is alone in offering an an "undercarriage down" option, in addition to "undercarriage up".

I believe all releases in the 'premium' aircraft range will offer a wheels down option (from the first pic of the upcoming Anson it appears that does), the first three releases (Dragon Rapide/Tiger Moth/Puss Moth) all feature fixed undercarriage anyway

My de H Hornet arrived yesterday and have to say its a smashing little model, except on mine one of the prop blades has been broken off, and another is very loose, its not in the box so must have been done at the packing stage or before, first problem I have ever had with an Oxford model, grrrrrrrrr!!!

As I could not find room for an airfield, or even a corner of one on the layout, I have had to resort to a diorama display located elsewhere. This is a wall-mounted shelf. Perfect for representing an aircraft dispersal, with the late Era-3  subjects lined up on the ground. The DH103 Hornets were amongst the cream of the cream to my teen school buddies and me, and one of Oxford's products will be in the circuit to land 'ere long. For the display to make sense though, I have to have the wheels down option. As an interim choice, however,  a Tempest (strut-mounted, wheels up) is  "cutting the grass" in front of the Skaledale Watch Office.

I'm in much the same situation as you Peter, although one day when I have my own 'man cave' I do hope to have a small airfield diorama, at the moment they are all in an Ikea tall wide Billy bookcase with glass doors and glass shelves including additional ones to show off my Oxford and plastic aircraft, I have to have wheels down as well, although the only one I have that isn't is a 616sq Meteor chasing a V1.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Georg Hamel of Auto & Modell has excellent photographs from Oxford Diecast's stand at the Nurnberg Toy Fair 2014, held last week, at

http://www.auto-und-modell.de/pages/aktuell/1332/Spielwarenmesse-2014-Oxford-Diecast-143-176/

There are good photos of the 1:43 Austin Seven saloon and van, and 1:76 modern Jaguars and the Land Rover Evoque, plus the first photos of the new 1:76 Weymann Fanfare bus - in both South Wales and Southdown liveries.

John

• Like 1