Hi all

I've asked this in the main forum Wanted section but we don't always visit there, so thought I'd ask here too. ( Andy did say it was allowed )

I'm trying to source a Athearn SD50 for a little project I'm looking into. I'm not really liking the prices going on ebay.com (US) plus the shipping etc etc. Road name/livery not important, and it needs to run.

Hope you can help

Dave

Hi all

I've asked this in the main forum Wanted section but we don't always visit there, so thought I'd ask here too. ( Andy did say it was allowed )

I'm trying to source a Athearn SD50 for a little project I'm looking into. I'm not really liking the prices going on ebay.com (US) plus the shipping etc etc. Road name/livery not important, and it needs to run.

Hope you can help

Dave

Dear Dave,

If it doesn't _have_ to be an Athearn, just found a Proto2K CSX unit for US$60 + shipping,

check eBay item # 320718246173

offers shipping to the UK...

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

Tony,

Thanks for the email address, I'll make contact the start of next week, I'm hoping to give it a few days to try and source one from over here, but if not will look to the US.

Prof,

Thanks, Like a few of the P2K models there are a few errors in the models dimensions, so will look to find a Athearn first. There are a few on ebay.com that post to the UK. Plus with the Athearn version I can use some ( probably not all ) of Tonys modifications from his SD50 clinic. :rolleyes:

Rgds

Archived