Extension o a diode matrix

Graham Kendall

Hello All,

I've been thinking about building a diode matrix for one of our club layous. The problem is that with 42 individual options of route to choose from, that's a lot of push buttons on a panel. was wondering if it would be possible to employ in front of the matrix a logical integrated circuit with a small LED scren, an nfinite position rotary switch (like that on Gaugemaster's controllers, for example) and just one button as a "go" button. So that a verilog script takes in the number selected, and fires a pulse on to that line of the diode matrix?

I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts.

Many Thanks

Graham

Hello All,

I've been thinking about building a diode matrix for one of our club layous. The problem is that with 42 individual options of route to choose from, that's a lot of push buttons on a panel. was wondering if it would be possible to employ in front of the matrix a logical integrated circuit with a small LED scren, an nfinite position rotary switch (like that on Gaugemaster's controllers, for example) and just one button as a "go" button. So that a verilog script takes in the number selected, and fires a pulse on to that line of the diode matrix?

I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts.

Many Thanks

Graham

I suggest you look at MERG's CBUS

With any PLC development we were advised to work out "don't care" states so that if you use a Karnau map to simplify the logic you get a simpler circuit etc. Example used would be programming a 7 segment LED display for BCD numbers higher than 9 you don't care what the out put is!

Archived