A question for the Canucks here

One of my favourite TV detective series is the Murdoch Mysteries, set, allegedly, in Toronto.

In a couple of episodes there has been train sequences that are plainly on a preserved line of some kind. It's the usual cow-catchered kettle but the name on the tender isn't really legible. There is a red caboose at the end of the passenger train :rolleyes: and coaches were clerestory-style with verandahs. I just wondered if anyone knew which railway/railroad they used?

Also, there was one episode that featured trolleys (trams) heavily that also must have been a museum.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be interested to know. I'm just curious really.

Cheers

steve

• RMweb Premium

The most likely place for the steam shots would be the South Simcoe Railway (Tottenham or New Tecumseth, Ontario) who have 2 steamers, one being an old 4-4-0, but I though they were both out of service just now. (I haven't watched the series but I may now).

Their coaches have 1914 to 1929 build dates.

Guest Natalie Graham

TBH I'm not sure where the steam scenes were shot but the trams would have been done here; http://www.hcry.org/

HTH

David

The Halton County Railway is a great place to visit. It is the only place I have ever seen a train that got its power from a long extension cable plugged into the electricity supply. Years ago there used to be a black and white collie dog that lived at the house opposite the entrance. When its folks were at work it used to spend its day riding on the trains. I got shown round the whole place, including the workshops which were normally off-limits to visitors, and got to see close up the cars undergoing restoration.

Archived