Any Question Answered

Pixie

• RMweb Premium

I have just converted a Dapol Class 121 to 2mmFS using the replacement wheels available from Shop 3.  After testing everything appears good; no sign of imminent derailing through 2fs points and good steady running.  A start has been made on fitting the extra buffer beam detailing parts after removing the 'orrible' N gauge couplings and trimming off the coupling box.  All well so far, but I have now hit a problem and need to ask what may be a very silly question.  How do I fix the destination blinds?  There is no information in the user guide and I can find nothing anywhere online.  Any help would be much appreciated.

John

On 11/09/2024 at 18:13, Doncaster Green said:

All well so far, but I have now hit a problem and need to ask what may be a very silly question.  How do I fix the destination blinds?  There is no information in the user guide and I can find nothing anywhere online.  Any help would be much appreciated.

I assume that they are printed/painted overlays to be inserted into the frames?

If so, than I'd be inclined to fix them in using a dab of dull varnish as a glue - any overspill will be less visible than most actual glues and it should stick them down well. I do this for fixing nameplates.

If they are plastic, not paper or card, and there is a selection in the pack then Tackywax could be a good alternative since you'd then have the option of removing them and ringing the changes.

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, chrism1964 said:

I assume that they are printed/painted overlays to be inserted into the frames?

If so, than I'd be inclined to fix them in using a dab of dull varnish as a glue - any overspill will be less visible than most actual glues and it should stick them down well. I do this for fixing nameplates.

If they are plastic, not paper or card, and there is a selection in the pack then Tackywax could be a good alternative since you'd then have the option of removing them and ringing the changes.

Thanks for that.  Doing more digging I discovered they appear to have a backing of a water activated adhesive.  After a little trimming to fit they have been fixed in place and the job appears a 'good 'un', time will tell!

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

I found this in the wardrobe yesterday, I don’t remember where it came from or how long it’s been there.  Does anyone know what diagram it is? 

IMG_1706.jpeg.55131d2ad82defba804652f96103ce70.jpeg

Many thanks

Simon

Edited by MrSimon
Photo wasn’t showing
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MrSimon said:

Morning all,

I found this in the wardrobe yesterday, I don’t remember where it came from or how long it’s been there.  Does anyone know what diagram it is? 

Many thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

It's a D. 1778 full brake.

Nigel Hunt

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrSimon said:

Morning all,

Many thanks

Simon

Fabulous!

I’ve been looking for one of these for ages. If you’re looking to get rid of it… 

Id be very interested 😀

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, MrSimon said:

Morning all,

Many thanks

Simon

Did you also find  a Lion and a Witch ?

• Funny 3

On 15/09/2024 at 08:46, MrSimon said:

Morning all,

Many thanks

Simon

Chances are 40 years, may be more ?     I remember building one about 40 years ago, and probably still have it.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, 1965Nick said:

Fabulous!

I’ve been looking for one of these for ages. If you’re looking to get rid of it… 

Id be very interested 😀

Pretty sure I have one of these in my stash that’s unlikely to be built. If I can find it, you can have it,

Jerry

I am attempting to put lighting into an EMU.  Can anyone suggest suitable connectors to carry the power from car to car.

I want 4 circuits between cars and the available space is very limited.

Regards Roger

On 15/09/2024 at 08:46, MrSimon said:

Morning all,

Many thanks

Simon

Ah yes - I think I may have given it to you at the Expo? I'm at my parent's in France at the moment - Dad has a copy of Essery & Jenkinson's LMS Coaches, so I can photo and send the relevant pages if needed.

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Nigel, I’ll dig out the Essery book and see what’s what.

It’s definitely been in there a good few years - no trace of the witch but the lion had to make space for the lockdown unitrack…

Cheers

Simon