QUAI:87

Brian Harrap

I assume you've already done the simple things like running a disk clean up and a defragment?

Yes done all that, thanks Teaky. Spent £30 on a 'guaranteed to fix your slow computer' download as well to no avail. Don't want to spend any more on this thing - or waste any more (modelling) time on it either. B

• 2 weeks later...

Love to have one of these visit QUAI:87 for a trundle around the quays - I'd even consider putting up triple trolley wires if would help. In the meantime look out for something a bit smaller on the quays, something with equally exotic headgear.

Baron.

Ground radar recently threw up an image of a buried locomotive. So after some digging in the "Stores" dungeon, I unearthed this motor-dead "bargain" that I had acquired back around the turn of the century. Anyone who suspects the gold colour is real, can of course make me an offer with five zeros behind it.

IT%20class%20C%20under.jpg

IT%20class%20C%20side.jpg

IT%20class%20C%20curved%201.jpg

But I took the central body off, as I thought y'all might like to see inside. 8 axle drive in two halves, using a twin belt drive from each end of the (absent) double ended motor to each inner truck, then a further UJ to each of the outer trucks.

Conversion to Proto:87 clearly is not going to be quick or easy. So I'm not sure the transatlantic reverse-lend-lease to Quay:87 will be achieved in my lifetime. But I'm putting it on the to do list.

Andy

• Like 4

Trying to reply to Howards post #629 using the 'Reply quoting this post' thing but this new computer won't let me, so I'll do it this way. After all that Howard, have you seen how little room there is inside a hamster these days?

And Andy (post #630, I shall fix the squeaks using the new double refined hamster oil - available at all good pet shops.

Baron.

• Like 1