steve fay

Yes I suppose we should get back on topic. Hopefully this week I should have the ATC ramp section from Phil & the first ATC ramp can go in place.

Looking forward to seeing the ATC ramps. I may be in the market for some myself!

JF

• Like 1

Are you making any progress with the wiring?

Best

Simon

Yes I am, I'm wiring it up as I go along, thank you. The next thing will be a batch of Tortoise point motors but that will be in a few months once I can kneel down properly

• 4 weeks later...

Yes it is, it's a pre production sample from Phil (brush type 4 ) Intentio designs. I'm hoping it will be done in time for Telford & will be for sale on the Intentio stand, that shouldn't be an issue but I'm due in hospital again next weekend.

I've sent in an order for some new paints as my tins have dried out, the railway room does get warm this time of year.

I've dry run the bits together and sprayed the wall sections in bauxite which is a nice brick colour. If the paint arrives quick enough I might get most of it done next week. I just need the glazing to complete.

It will also be available with corrugated sheeting instead of glazing. Just right for a new diesel depot on a steam

Shed or stand alone.

• Like 4

That ramp looks nice. Hadn't realised how long they were!

JF

Just had a look at a couple of pictures of the real thing..shouldn't there be a raised rib along the top rubbing surface or am I missing something within your pics? It shows it on the end on view in the drawings you posted up.

JF

Just had a look at a couple of pictures of the real thing..shouldn't there be a raised rib along the top rubbing surface or am I missing something within your pics? It shows it on the end on view in the drawings you posted up.

JF

Yes there should, I thought I wrote that but I missed it. There should be a T section across the top which I shall be ordering soon.

Yes there should, I thought I wrote that but I missed it. There should be a T section across the top which I shall be ordering soon.

Ah thought so! It needs a nice shiny contact strip showing how busy the main lines are!

JF

• RMweb Gold

JF

They were also 'handed' with a longer more gently inclined ramp on the running-on side.

Right the date has arrived, I had a phone call earlier I'm heading in to hospital this evening for my Op tomorrow a few days earlier than planned.

It will be a bit quiet on here for a while now but il let you all know how I'm getting on in a few days time.

Thanks all

Hi Steve,

Good luck for the forthcoming op, let's hope it will bring you pain relief and a better quality of life.

At least then you will be able to duck under the baseboards and get them all wired up, wagons roll........

Martyn.

• Like 1