steve fay

Sounds good Simon, I'd like it as part of the DCC sound package, that way you can just trigger the relevant F number and bell or Hoot! That way if I take a loco some where else I ways have the function available to me.

post-5983-0-44623900-1438351287.jpg

Plastic section arrived today to represent the concrete trunking. Here it is cut to size and temporarily in position.

post-5983-0-76016500-1438351422.jpg

T section also in place on the first ATC ramp. Plastic sourced from wheel spin models.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 9

Steve,

As you're building them, you might want to stick a couple of reed switches under the ramps - sort of half way up one side and half way down the other...

I got a chance to look up the bits I'd need to make the bells/hooters work, and I have the shopping list together: It's looking like a tenner or so.

I'll post a thread when I make it work, but for the cost, I'd suggest putting the switches in.

Best

Simon

• Like 2

A slight distraction, the diesel shed is coming together nicely, this is a dry run again no glue used yet. That's tomorrow's job. Glazing will be with me soon. Some paint to touch up but I'm very happy with it.

All being well it will be on the Intentio stand at Telford and yours for a few ££'s

post-5983-0-52116300-1438374669.jpg

• Like 5

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yours truly on the cab of Dimore Manor Monday Morning, I had a foot plate trip from Paignton to Kingswear.

Excuse the cheesy grin !!!

I'm actually in Kingswear at the moment on holiday and the station is right in front of my holiday apartment. I get to see this locomotive every day and its a beauty! But to have a foot plate trip, lucky you!

• Like 1

Redutex? I'm not familiar with that,

No the cheeky grin will be staying !!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I have scaffolding all over the house whilst we are having an insulation cladding and render done, it's supposed to be a 3 week job and we are now in to the 7th. I'm staying out of the railway room during the day as I don't won't prying eyes where they're not wanted!!

Rob from the Bristol gang has brought the crossing V's & switch blades over for the next two points. Phil ( intentio ) is working on some line side equipment boxes & we're going to start on the very low relief buildings on the very back wall.

post-5983-0-28815900-1441203854_thumb.jpg

D7022 on shed! This is the intentio kit I should have finished up a while ago. It's boxed up & will be with Phil by Friday. Great kit to build very easy, will look good as part of a stabling point or on a steamShed providing new diesel service facilities.

My Operation has been cancelled again !! 3rd time now. Unfortunately I won't make it to Telford this year, as much as I would like to a day on my feet and then a drive back home is not a prospect I would relish as I would only be looking around. As you can imagine I'm not in the best mood!!

Still if its scheduled for 3 to 4 weeks time then Reading should be doable although I will now miss a day out to Tysley and I was to be part of a guided tour with Michael Whitehouse as our host!

On a more positive note Old Oak Approaches should appear in the gallery pages in the guild gazette at some point in the future.