US Freight Stock - Photo Albums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like the car was steam cleaned and then sealed before it cooled off. The cooling air inside the tank lowered the internal pressure, allowing normal air pressure to crush it.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Mel Rogers from our group shot a whole bunch of freightcar/intermodal shots on his trip over to the US in February, and has agreed that I can share them via my site - i've also scanned a few more of mine from my Sep 2000 trip - here's some boxcars to kick off: http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/Non-UKrails/North-America-equipment/Boxcars-and-Reefers

The pervasiveness of graffiti between my Sep 2000 images and Mel's ones from this year is quite dramatic - I wasn't intentionally shooting cars without graffiti on them!

Looks like the car was steam cleaned and then sealed before it cooled off. The cooling air inside the tank lowered the internal pressure, allowing normal air pressure to crush it.

One can also collapse a road or rail tanker by pumping it out without proper venting...one of my company's pumps did it at a soap manufacturing plant a few years back...

The pervasiveness of graffiti between my Sep 2000 images and Mel's ones from this year is quite dramatic - I wasn't intentionally shooting cars without graffiti on them!

I'm not one of those who bans grafitti from my models because I don't likeit on the real thing, but judging by those pics I'll not be modelling the current scene.

From the discussion and pics posted I assume this thread is asking for images of present-day freight cars. Although

I don't model "modern era" I sometimes snap pics with my iPhone of freight cars on the way to/from work. Here's a couple (in no particular order) that were on my phone this morning:

post-3378-0-16707800-1333838054_thumb.jpgpost-3378-0-56792000-1333838100_thumb.jpgpost-3378-0-76899700-1333838151_thumb.jpgpost-3378-0-81970500-1333838190_thumb.jpg

Archived