Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

Looking at those pictures gives me a thought, with all the stupid money being thrown at new build locomotives, I wonder if anyone has had the great idea to "unrebody" some minerals and hoppers?

Mike.

Interesting thought, many preserved railways have freight wagons seemingly languishing in sidings. I know the GC runs windcutter trains but perhaps it comes down to availability of labour, resources and opportunity to run because if it does not run I think there is no point

Interesting thought, many preserved railways have freight wagons seemingly languishing in sidings. I know the GC runs windcutter trains but perhaps it comes down to availability of labour, resources and opportunity to run because if it does not run I think there is no point

Alas too many good chassis with rotten bodies have had the body removed and the chassis used for pway materials until regular over loading results in the being wrecked and scrapped! 

Mark Saunders

interesting how late these are in having a top door and unrebuilt. Rather late to go into having the body rebuilt.

The Double V tank appears to be conventional. http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/bogiepresflo

Paul

Paul

When were the last re-bodies. When I started on the railway in the early 80s, Ashford Kent. One guy on the platform had come from the works. They used to get told off for putting bodies on the wrong way round. The bodies were all the same way round. Whichever way the wagon came in, on went the body.

Edited by The Bigbee Line
  • Like 1

Paul

When were the last re-bodies. When I started on the railway in the early 80s, Ashford Kent. One guy on the platform had come from the works. They used to get told off for putting bodies on the wrong way round. The bodies were all the same way round. Whichever way the wagon came in, on went the body.

I was not thinking about BR rebodies but refurbishment or a rebody for industrial use!

Mark Saunders

• 2 weeks later...

Surely the last two photos are 26/27 Ton Tipplers.

I think if you go back several pages it was suggested that Iron Ore Tipplers and 21 ton minerals could be included.

Thanks Clive, I must have missed that (or forgotten it). Presumbly, if we are concerned with flat-bottom Mineral Wagons, 24.5 Tonners are fair game as well.