Dapol F/Liner 66s with 6 pin DCC socket?

Guest eddie reffin

Guest eddie reffin

Can some kind soul please tell me which Dapol Freightliner 66s had a 6 pin socket fitted. I know that the Bardon one does but not sure which others do.

TIA

Cheers

Eddie

Due to 66610 being DC, I have the BachFar version (one of the few duplicates from both suppliers)

Also, the others I have in Freightliner livery are BachFar

So far I only have :

66594 ND-077

From the list this appears to be the only one so far, the previous ones are either the older DC version or dummy

Depending on your layout, I recommend the BachFar version for hauling long and/or heavy trains

My DCC Dapol ones struggle with these, so are now on containers or HAA wagons

The DC converted and BachFar ones are on HTA and HHA wagons, the BachFar one the only one capable of hauling 16 HHA wagons

Guest eddie reffin

Thanks for that. I may go for another farish one( I have the Shanks one) as I don't want too many celebrity locos!

Cheers

eddie

I may go for another farish one( I have the Shanks one) as I don't want too many celebrity locos!

Hence, why I started off with the EWS locos, all but one are now converted to DCC

I was hoping Freightliner ones would have followed in due course, but sadly more EWS have followed

It is a shame that BachFar prefer releasing locos with nameplates, but 66594 is actually very good

So far this has given me three in Freightliner livery

It really depends on the types of trains you plan to operate

The advantage with containers is they can be hauled by just about anything, so are not restricted to Freightliner

Archived