Dapol Class 67 and 66 with dcc sound

Marty Mc

Hi

Here is the Dapol 67 and Dapol 66 fitted with DCC sound and each of the 3 locos has an additional function only decoder to get better lights. By far the 66 was the hardest loco to fit sound to, even though it was one of the biggest n gauge locos I have done. Not Dapols fault at all but the actual shape of the roof. If it was rounded it would have being far easier.

Both locos are very well engineered but I will single out the 67 as the best engineered loco to date. I may look at it differently to some, but what is important to me is how it fits together eg snap fit, how it runs, pick ups, chassis construction and down the scale how it looks. The 67 ticks all the boxs and the only fault with the 66 is the actual light bars used in its construction.

All in all excellent locos and after having a fair few pass through my hands I wonder how I can be so lucky with having no real issues like what I have read in the past on the forums.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br5s7PYLdok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAqkPioy75Y

Sorry the 66 video was a bit rushed and I didnt have time to set all the cvs correctly so both locos are a bit out of sync.

Martin

Hi

Cheers glad you enjoyed it. I was wondering if anyone had seen them at Ally Pally? Tony, Red Death thats no problem, I can do that. I just now need to work out a reasonable way of doing it without a CNC mill, in other words using tools that your average modeller will have. It can be do with standard hand tools, a mill just speeds up the process and allows you to do it accurately. eg in the 67 their is 0.3mm between motor and speaker. Then I got to seal it.

For the steam fans I have posted an Graham Farish A4 on youtube with DCC sound, express headlights, firebox flicker, cab detail, duel working smoke generators with a pre heater and a relay to protect the decoders. It is about 2 grams heavier than the original.

Cheers

Martin

• RMweb Gold

Hi Martin,

Saw the Class A4, truely amazing!

To get a smoke unit in there is beyond me, and the amount of smoke!!!

You must have a special shrinking tool somewhere.

Cheers

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Cheers glad you enjoyed it. I was wondering if anyone had seen them at Ally Pally? Tony, Red Death thats no problem, I can do that. I just now need to work out a reasonable way of doing it without a CNC mill, in other words using tools that your average modeller will have. It can be do with standard hand tools, a mill just speeds up the process and allows you to do it accurately. eg in the 67 their is 0.3mm between motor and speaker. Then I got to seal it.

Hi Martin

That would be fantastic. I got to see/hear the 37, 66 and 67 (IIRC!) and they were all very good, but the 37 was probably the best (or perhaps I am showing my bias!).

Many thanks

Mike

Archived