• RMweb Premium

Evening RT, just wondering if BArber may be making an appearence alongside your Pecket & Drewery this year?

Just winding up bashing a langley WD Hunslet at the mo so would love to complete the set of Harrogate Gas Works locos, just thinking if these locos are popular would you consider marketing a conversion kit to make 'Spence'r out of a WD Hunslet? Nice brass cab, and  new chimney/dome castings, chassis kit based on an 08 would be good too!

Just a thought, maybe for to put in the maybe one day pile!

Cheers

James

Is there a market for an 08 chassis kit now?

Ivan - I think that James is referring to the possibility of body kits suitable for mounting on a Farish outside framed 08 chassis.

Adam

Very nice Paul, High Level kit? It's come together really well.

By chance, I was priming some of Roberts S&L buffers just yesterday for a project which is coming to completion, they are very nicely cast.

• RMweb Gold

Looks very good paul.

Hi James,

Havnt done anything with barber as I'm awaiting for her to be restored to get her right.

A chassis kit in N gauge wouldn't be viable due to costs, neville's N drive rtr chassis is good value for money and supplied already running.

I can look into doing a etched cab and chimney for Spencer but won't be for a while, got a few other products to complete which I will come to.

My Next 4mm scale loco kit which I'm hoping the test etch will be ok is a pre war 100hp sentinel which was built from the 1920's and even the LMS and later ( had one for sue at Clee hill in shropshire.

There's one being restored at Avon Valley railway which the've helped me with research.

Not long after will be the streamlined sentinel 100hp which only 6 was built. A test etch is forthcoming but won't be a fully complete kit as yet as I need to get to the real locos to check some details.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Cheers RT, thought you might be waiting till it re appears, last heard its at Keef's including boiler but cant see a definate date for a return. It was just a thought regarding the cabs iv just done my own out of plasticard but thought it might sit well with the other gas works kits.

Lets hope Barber isnt too far away.

Cheers

James

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

I'll be present at scalefour north in wakefield this weekend, whilst there is isn't anything new to release for this show due to work commitments, there will be built up test etches of the next 2 loco kits.

Just received another batch of etches so will see if the next test etches comes out ok including my first 7mm scale narrow gauge wagon kit?

Hello everyone,

I'll be present at scalefour north in wakefield this weekend, whilst there is isn't anything new to release for this show due to work commitments, there will be built up test etches of the next 2 loco kits.

Just received another batch of etches so will see if the next test etches comes out ok including my first 7mm scale narrow gauge wagon kit?

will you have your cyl/ valvegear for the farish 08 with you at the show ??

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a quick thanks for the quick shipping if the 13 conversion bit RT, always appreciated, caught me out though thinking 2 sets of buffer beams were included, should have read the description on your site properly! Order for master beefy beams on the way.

Cheers

James

P.s word is that Barber is finished and will be at the Yorkshire Show next month before going to Alston, if you need some pics ill be there with work so can sneak off for a bit if it would help you out with the forthcoming kit?

Edited by jessy1692
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Been a bit quiet on here for the last few months, hopefully things will be as normal as they can be now.

The 7mm scale hudson tipper wagon is now available once again having been updated with separate brake gear and a working locking mechanism for the tipper.

They also come as a etch with bearings, buffers, couplings and wheels are extra to allow you to mix and match on parts.

The 4mm scale 100hp prewar heavy be sentinel should be released at EM north and scaleforum in september.

http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/csc_1882.jpg

http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/csc_1878.jpg

Later on will be the streamlined version.

http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/dsc_1687.jpg

[url=http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/csc_1884.jpg]http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/csc_1884.jpg

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Busy Adam?

Just things getting in the way sadly.

These was drawn up earlier this year although I now have the missing information for the streamlined sentinel as I went to photograph and measure them a month ago.

As to the N class footplate horsetan, to be honest I keep changing the design as it's quite complicated to draw (can I just do castings please) due to bachmanns interesting footplate and chassis design but think I may have cracked it by now including the one piece fold up N1 cylinders.

• Like 1

...N class footplate horsetan, to be honest I keep changing the design as it's quite complicated to draw (can I just do castings please) due to bachmanns interesting footplate and chassis design but think I may have cracked it by now including the one piece fold up N1 cylinders.

Can't wait to buy one!

Is there a market for an 08 chassis kit now?

I think there is. The Bachmann 08 is several mm out of loading gauge. Can't comment about the Hornby but the Bachmann constantly collides with platforms etc. Considering just how popular this model is (and therefore how many are sold), there is an opportunity going begging for one of the finescale manufacturers.

Regards