HH2 controller by MPC

GreenDiesel001

Hello.

I see there is a MPC O gauge controller on ebay for sale.

I wonder if experienced forum members have any knowledge of this controller please?

It states it is for the exclusive use of various MPC models. I am using Gaugemaster DC controllers, does that eliminate it for me?

My DC 00 gauge layout is a fiddleyard to station and trains are already slowing down when I bring them out of the f/y and into the station about 15'.

I am trying to improve the running of my locos which are a mixture of Airfix, Triang, Hornby, Lima and Bachmann.

Although it states O gauge on the advert I assume this will just have a larger transformer to cope with O gauge motors.

Thanks,

Jeff Rippon

• RMweb Gold

I don't recognise the name MPC so no details. The main concern would be the overload protection if it is designed to cope with some large 0 gauge models 3 to 5 A may be availbale which might be too much for a 00 loco ( or a small motored 0 gauge loco) if there is a fault. You can use it but switch off or turn it down if the mechanism jams.

Before buying this what are your present problems? ( this may not solve them!)

Don

• RMweb Premium

My DC 00 gauge layout is a fiddleyard to station and trains are already slowing down when I bring them out of the f/y and into the station about 15'.

Jeff Rippon

I'd check your wiring if they're slowing down over that short distance - how many feeds to the track do you have?

Hi, thanks for your replies.

I want to try to improve my slow running. With a short layout where the trains are already slowing down when they leave the fiddle yard I want to ensure I have the best possible controller to achieve this.

My track is cleaned frequently and I have a Gaugemaster track cleaner wired in as well.

I have a feed wire to every length of track whether it is a full yard or one that is only 2" long.

Having read that feedback controllers can achieve better running than standard controllers I asked the question after having seen a feedback controller on ebay.

Any further thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Archived