I've just scanned through the first few pages and the last couple as i'm at work.  Looks really good.  Very jealous of your fleet of Class 56's, I NEED a Loadhaul liveried super detailed one in my life.  Really like the Siku Liebherr  excavator as well.  I was considering getting one myself, looks much better quality and scale than the 1:87 one I bought off ebay which looks like a mini digger when sat beside a few MFA/MEA wagons.  Keep up the good work and i'll have a proper read through later on :-)

• Like 1

I've just scanned through the first few pages and the last couple as i'm at work.  Looks really good.  Very jealous of your fleet of Class 56's, I NEED a Loadhaul liveried super detailed one in my life.  Really like the Siku Liebherr  excavator as well.  I was considering getting one myself, looks much better quality and scale than the 1:87 one I bought off ebay which looks like a mini digger when sat beside a few MFA/MEA wagons.  Keep up the good work and i'll have a proper read through later on :-)

Thanks for the comments - all those first pages seem a very long time ago.

Here is a quick video I took last night, although not sure what happened to the sound....

Phil

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I bought some of them too!

Well keep checking your shipping number and you might get a small card through the door tomorrow saying Phil tried to deliver it ;)

copy cats!

Lateral thinking! I like it, fit a cat flap and he could drive the train in :) Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

They look great Phil.. :locomotive:

Have you thought of making few of your OBA or OAA wagons with coloured sides...

I had seen the ones you've done and they look very good.

I might give it a go in my copious free time - when I'm in the country that is....

Phil

• Like 1

They look good. Where did you get them?

They the same as Scott's?

Yes - from P and H models - http://pandhmodels.com/category.php?id_category=94

They are DUHA and £5 for a set of 20 which are enough to fill an OBA, and come in a variety of types. I got the plain and Calcium Chloride.

Here is a close up.

post-10336-0-22566100-1431629291_thumb.jpg

Phil

• Like 3

They realy look the bizz with all the added detail... :senile:

Ive just order some... :locomotive: :sungum:

Ive done few "dutch livery" OAA wagons now Phil..

Sounds like Scott should have added an affiliate cashback code to his original link.

Just seen the video of the new OAAs - good work.

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Evening all. All that talk of class 56's elsewhere on RMWeb made me get mine out.

I have actually been doing the odd bit of work on Beresford Junction, but also quite busy with other things.

I've finally got the track powered up in the yard for the big blue building, and tonight started on the tarmac / surface inside the shed and working out where to stop.

56128 (which has to be addressed as 28 rather than 5628 as it only seems to understand small numbers - some cheap chip I presume) and 56032 have a once over in the shed

post-10336-0-21750500-1433976314_thumb.jpg

before picking up fuel at the double fuelling point.

post-10336-0-30858300-1433976309_thumb.jpg

As ever the lights have been problematic since I took off the body to add the chips - I can never seem to get the little bits of copper bent right so they touch all the time.

As a bit of a background thinking while I've been away, I'm working on adding an additional roundy-roundy bit, which will run round the two sides of the current layout but also on a little 6" shelf round the rest of the room, which I hope I'll be able to make semi-scenic. The tricky bit will be getting round the corner near above the helix, and a possible lift up flap at the other side - or perhaps I'll just climb under for now.

Anyway more of that later when the plan crystallises - I'm trying not to start yet another massive building project before I finish what I'm on with.

Later....

Phil

• Like 3

Good to see an update Phil,

I've had the same issue with my 56, one set of red lights didn't work after I removed the body. A gentle squeeze on the side of the cab body seems to have fixed the problem. A bit like where I would get drivers to bang their  car lights when they weren't working. Worked most of the time and everyone was happy.

I can't quite visualise the roundy roundy bit, but the shed looks good, and no sooner had the 56's left, 2 37's filled their space!

• Like 2