I think they're good and a bit of variety.

Phil

The difference in scale doesn't stand out too much then? I have one of their earlier special HO tank wagons and that fits nicely in a mixed freight as nothing else is similar, but when it comes to running HO 'van' type wagons near things like OO VGAs or Cargowaggons i'm hoping it's still close enough!

The difference in scale doesn't stand out too much then? I have one of their earlier special HO tank wagons and that fits nicely in a mixed freight as nothing else is similar, but when it comes to running HO 'van' type wagons near things like OO VGAs or Cargowaggons i'm hoping it's still close enough!

Here are a few pics with other wagons - and all looks OK to me.

post-10336-0-73895100-1371677364_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-83327300-1371677421_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-22379500-1371677508_thumb.jpg

As you see I've also got some of the tankers and I know what you mean.

Phil

• Like 5

Cheers for that Phil, they look good. The money that's just gone into my Paypal account may have to go straight out again!

Didn't Lima do a version of these back in the day? or am i thinking of something different?

Yes Lima did, and there are a couple on eBay at the moment, although not cheap, if you search for Tiphook.

Phil

And in addition to my eclectic range of RTR steel wagons, I'm in the process of ordering a couple of Cambrian steel wagon kits (http://cambrianmodels.co.uk/brsteel.html ) to have a go with, however it all seems very complicated, you have to buy the kit then the wheels, then the transfers from someone else....

I'm going for the BBA Bogie Steel Wagon, and the BNA Steel/Aluminium IngotWagon.

If you never hear about them again, either I haven't got round to them, or they've turned out so bad I'm ashamed to show them.

Phil

Yes Lima did, and there are a couple on eBay at the moment, although not cheap, if you search for Tiphook.

Phil

Had a gander, you're right they're not cheap compared to what others have gone for. Despite the HO-ness i think i'll still have to go brand-new from On-Tracks, if nothing else the coupling options are better!

Cheers again Phil, they add some good colour.

How goes it on the Helix front? I keep trying to think of un-arguable reason not to have a go at one for s***s and giggles.

Right, that's the Cambrian kits ordered and a bit of a result - Dave at The Gas Cupboard is offering FREE Romford wheels and bearings with every Cambrian Kit.

I also popped in to the model shop on the way home from a work trip to London that finished early, and stocked up on a variety of green stuff.

Phil

How goes it on the Helix front? I keep trying to think of un-arguable reason not to have a go at one for s***s and giggles.

I'm glad I've got one, but won't be able to reap the full benefit of it until I have two, and I've got a few other jobs on the list before that.

The main thing you need to be is 100% accurate on all the measurements, wheras I'm an 80% man myself.

I think the build of the second will be easier.

Phil

• Like 1

A bit of progress last night, laying some concrete(not real) in front of the steel warehouse and a bit of greenery, so decided I needed a new addition to the steel fleet.

attachicon.gif20130621_184830.jpg

Phil

They're a good wagon, got three in my growing steel train (no KIAs yet, although that does let me know what they'll look like next to them, cheers again!)

the new Tigerrail wagon looks great within a train, 

the yard photo above is good too, needs some worker operating the gantry to transfer the loads

Edited by Ralph

The new wagons are looking good Phil, as is the new concrete area. What have used for the concrete? It looks a great colour.

Dave

Thanks Dave

It's 'Blue Hawk' Ready Mix Plaster. It was quite hard to spread in a thin layer over such a large area, so there is the odd bump - perhaps I should pretend it was on purpose? I tried to mark out sections as concrete is laid in while it was still wet, but it didn't look good, so I re-skimmed it and might try drawing them on with pencil later.

post-10336-0-29445400-1372022058_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple of more shots, showing the slightly uneven 'ripple' effect at the right hand edge.

post-10336-0-10132400-1372022077_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-98221000-1372022096_thumb.jpg

I also did a bit of vacuuming up and the above poor chap dissapeared up the tube. Despite his hi-vis outfit he was supprisingly difficult to find in the bag.

Phil

• Like 2

the new Tigerrail wagon looks great within a train, 

the yard photo above is good too, needs some worker operating the /gantry to transfer the loads

Thanks Ralph

As you see from post above I took your advice and the poor chap disappeared up the vacuum tube.

Phil

I hope you found him, bet he was surprised to go on a mystery tour of your vacuum.

was he the yard boss,doing a inspection of the new hardstanding,

Edited by Ralph

I hope you found him, bet he was surprised to go on a mystery tour of your vacuum.

was he the yard boss,doing a inspection of the new hardstanding,

It took me about 10 mins of rummaging through the dust to find him.

He seems to have a number of jobs, mainly involving standing round with his hands in his pockets.

Morning All

After doing the concrete area for the steel yard, I've moved back into scenics and decided that the other yard area was looking a bit dark, so have done a slightly lighter shade for the tarmac and added some greenery. To compliment the green I've made a timewarp leap forward in time from Railfreight to Freightliner too.

post-10336-0-74290500-1372749942_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-37998500-1372749954_thumb.jpg

The area between the tracks has been done, wheras the darker (doesn't really show up on the photos) towards the edge of the board hasn't. Once it's fully dry, I'm going to dirty up a bit more and possibly add some hatching lines where the overhead crane goes.

I've also worked out that there isn't any way for vehicles to actually get into that area so need to put some driveway/crossing for that.

Phil

• Like 3