No progress due to children's birthday parties, however 37 514 arrived safe and well, and I even managed to find a DCC chip to put into it, so here it is with the rest of the fleet.

post-10336-0-00650400-1358116087_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-14181900-1358116092_thumb.jpg

I did discover why my class 08 had stopped working - really dirty track, in fact I'm surprised anything worked at all. I've given it all a run over with a track rubber and it's a lot better, but may have to invest in something more sophisticated.

And I've taken a fancy to some blue locos, which might mean a trip back to an even earlier era :O . I'm going to think it over before taking the plunge.

Phil

• Like 4

Hi Phil,

The layout is coming on well, and you are building up a nice fleet of sector locos. The red stripe 37 looks nice too, always like that livery.

A few blue locos lasted until quite late in the 90s so you could get away with a couple.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Phil,

The layout is coming on well, and you are building up a nice fleet of sector locos. The red stripe 37 looks nice too, always like that livery.

A few blue locos lasted until quite late in the 90s so you could get away with a couple.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Thanks - actually I blame you - I liked the pair of class 20's you posted some photo of last week, so have picked up a Railfreight red stripe (20 090). I then plan to get another 'broken' or cheap one and remove the motors to run as a pair. I think you said you have done the same thing.

I've also ordered some more points to build the fiddle yard which will be on the underneath layer, and I really need to get set up before I start the helix final build, which seems to be getting further away!

Phil

• Like 3

Hi Phil,

I missed out on haulage from 20090, it was at a Severn Valley diesel gala one year but only worked a couple of trains before being parked up.

I am not sure how long 20090 lasted but I remember seeing 20104 in 92 it was one of a few outbased at frodingham for working steel trains. Another disc 20 in railfreight liv was 20059 which also last until quite late. It was one of a few 20s based at Wigan for working coal trains.

Hi Ian & Scott, What about a blue pair 20169 20092 paired with 33114 in NSE liv. This railtour was in 93 I saw the 20s at Salisbury and took a pic of the train at Dinton I am pretty sure they went to Exeter. I think I posted a pic of the train on RMweb somewhere I will try and find it.

nearly forgot 20007 20032 and 33116 went to Bournemouth early 92 aswell.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M

No progress due to children's birthday parties, however 37 514 arrived safe and well, and I even managed to find a DCC chip to put into it, so here it is with the rest of the fleet.

attachicon.gifDSCF4062.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF4067.JPG

I did discover why my class 08 had stopped working - really dirty track, in fact I'm surprised anything worked at all. I've given it all a run over with a track rubber and it's a lot better, but may have to invest in something more sophisticated.

And I've taken a fancy to some blue locos, which might mean a trip back to an even earlier era :O . I'm going to think it over before taking the plunge.

Phil

Superb, loving the Type5 traction alongside the 37/5s.....

One from my (Dad's) collection. Sorry no date or location but must be the early to mid 90's.

Whats next Phil after the Helix? Beresford Boxenby Depot.. With wires of course.

attachicon.gif20s.jpg

Cheers

Scott

Looks like I'll have to hand 20 090 over to the weathering department for a good working over before it enters service.

And yes I'll the Depot building to my ever expanding list of jobs.

• Like 1

Just been informed by the dispatch department of a well known Liverpool based shop that even though I'd placed the order for 20 090 a couple days ago, when it showed as in stock, they can't actually find any to send me.

Fortunately, I've managed to source another one from a different supplier, which should be on it's way soon.

Phil

Phil, do you have a BR blue one to go with 090?

Not yet. I'm planning on picking up a broken/spares one to turn it into a dummy, and as you'll see above, I nearly didn't get 090. Hopefully I'll have something to show soon.

I did manage to catch a quick photo of 37 514 direct from Redbrook Freightliner, sorry Corus, sorry British Steel depot, helped by '506.

post-10336-0-95331200-1358372867_thumb.png

Tonight, I've been trying to work out how to make a scenic break at the other end of Beresford Yard. I had originally planned another road bridge, however think I might try something else Current thoughts are a diagonal rail bridge or perhaps a warehouse to hide a mouse hole exit - any ideas.

Phil

Edited by Beresford Junction
  • Like 3

How about a stack of containers to hide the mouse hole... It seemed to do the job when i tried it on Bocott, Eastbury sidings, Redbrook Freightliner, Corus.     (Not sure you were around for Bocott?)

Equally a large building or tall trees can do the job. 

Loco fleet is looking good Phil, even better with a pair of 20's.   I remember when I was younger we went "up North" a few times and went round some of the depots (wish I could remember the name) and there were lines of 20's all parked up. I loved it.

Cheers,

Scott  

Another good photo Scott, looks like triple grey 088 is in the mix too!

The 37/5s do look good on the BDAs, once you have your pair of 20s they can work them as well. I am surprised that Bachmann have not released a box containg two clas 20s with one being a dummy loco. Seeing as the majority of the time they ran in pairs that would be a good idea.