That might be a bit over the top for a road that might hardly be seen!!!

Ah, but I'd know it was there....

In the mean time 08585 undergoes inspection following it's arrival at Beresford Yard from Stafford Central

post-10336-0-29889200-1352326547_thumb.jpg

being put immediately to work replenishing the fuel depot.

Phil

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

A bit of bridge construction today...

post-10336-0-79022300-1352569360_thumb.jpg

I've been applying the brickwork (underneath), laid the pavement and also the road. I tried to do the camber, but it all got a bit fiddly.

Phil

I built a cambered road on our club layout 'Skelthorpe Lower' by using a 'flat pyramid' of strips of card laid lengthwise and using mounting card for the road surface.
  • Like 1

Morning

Yes, it's a Bachmann. It came with Kadee couplings, but I've changed the one on the back to an NEM one and will probably also change the front.

Phil

Im watching out on ebay for one of these freightliner 08 shunters :no: realy looks the bizz on your layout Phil....
  • Like 1

Following the shock announcement that Freightliner was reducing its operations at Redbrook, and a change of era might be occurring, it was revealed today that Railfreight will be providing additional services based at Beresford Yard, using the newly acquired red stripe Class 37.

37 506 is currently in transit from Sheffield and expected to be on depot by the weekend.

• Like 5

Track all down now, apart from one double set of points which was awaiting me buying some more insulated joiners - I must admit all that polarity / electrofrog stuff confused me a bit. I then decided I needed to improve my soldering skills before I attacked and messed it all up, which I did when I was 'WFH' the other day, so the plan is to start that at the weekend (before I change my mind again).

Work on the bridge is coming along, although I think I got carried away with the brick painting - it all looks a bit dark, or rahter black so I'll need to start again with that.

Of course all I need is some suitable rolling stock to run with it now ;-)

Phil

• Like 1

Unfortunately due to transit problems, 37 506 failed to arrive on depot this weekend, it's alocated duties running the engineers train being covered by trusty old 60 066.

post-10336-0-05235600-1353274526_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-24834200-1353274533_thumb.jpg

Hopefully 37 506 will be maiking an appearance soon.

Phil

Edited by Beresford Junction
  • Like 5