Today I've been test running the shunting options of the new track layout and havning much fun - as you saw from the previous photo, the 56's came out of the box and I'm shortly expecting the transfer of a Freightliner shunter from Stafford Central.

All good news, apart from I'm now questioning the point of the second helix.... I'm not going to make any hasty decisions on it - after all look what trouble this has got me into in the past - and not only in the modelling world!

I also did some tidying up in the basement and found a load of other interesing kits I've purchased over the years but never made, so might make these projects over the winter.

Phil

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I also did some tidying up in the basement and found a load of other interesing kits I've purchased over the years but never made, so might make these projects over the winter.

Or cash to fund what you need now ;) I seem to have aquired quite a few too, sold well on evilbay too, (even made the ebay madness topic as they couldn't believe what someone bid).

Edited by PaulRhB

Hi Phil,

I think the hut looks pretty good, though a bit more foliage wouldn't go a miss, maybe sprinkle on a bit of the lighter stuff on over the darker bushes.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Just back from the local model shop where I went to pick up some insulated rail jointers, to complete the new track laying, but came out with a few extras....

One can never have too many hopper wagons, and I've now got an odd number, as recommended by Pitbull. Looks like Freightliner are about to be ousted from the depot by EWS for a bit.

post-10336-0-42488700-1352047409_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-78975700-1352047418_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-00542800-1352047428_thumb.jpg

Phil

• Like 3

I agree, but Factory lane is clogged up enough with only 7 locos and 14 wagons, and I'm not done yet...

good grief! an extension may be needed then, im trying to get enough room for 30 locos with some nuclear flasks and a couple of coaches and scenic space, but i have 15ft to play with

Evening all. Bridge construction tonight.

The two outer spans are Peco pre-formed and the centre is a Wills kit - with extra struts in between the plates.

post-10336-0-22928800-1352153197_thumb.jpg

Not sure if to have the 'standard' lorry and bus on the bridge or just bring the backboard forwards to behind the bridge wall.

Phil

• Like 2

Not sure if to have the 'standard' lorry and bus on the bridge or just bring the backboard forwards to behind the bridge wall.

Hi Phil, I like your bridge a lot and might have to "borrow" the construction method ;)

I reckon that it would look a little strange to have the backboard right up against the bridge. Having the lorries on it makes it look more believable and also adds a little extra depth to the scene.

Also the trucks mean that you don't need to worry about the join between the scenic area and tha backboard!!!

Alex