:blush: OOPS! I should have looked back or remembered that you had already posted that. Sorry!

Thanks for the info (again)

I have the blended turf, so need to find a local stockist of the course turf and clusters I think.

:blush: OOPS! I should have looked back or remembered that you had already posted that. Sorry!

Thanks for the info (again)

I have the blended turf, so need to find a local stockist of the course turf and clusters I think.

Hi Dave

No probs - I knew there was a picture of in there somewhere, so I had a little trip down memory lane, and all the changes of plan I've had....quite good fun.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

The first 150 has now been chipped (once I found an extra small screwdriver to remove the body) and is also getting a quick check over in the depot before returning back to service.

Oh and as you can see, another set of workers have been drafted in....

post-10336-0-61716200-1333057348_thumb.jpg

I'm still working on the raised station area and have been cutting some polystyrene blocks (with the kitchen knives - don't tell the wife) - all a bit messy.

Phil

Edited by Beresford Junction
  • Like 3

Looking good your idea's are brilliant and it is great you are comming

up with pleanty of them I nhope you will not nind if I might use some of

them on a new club layout we are planning as well as my own layout

Heathfield

David

Looking good your idea's are brilliant and it is great you are comming

up with pleanty of them I nhope you will not nind if I might use some of

them on a new club layout we are planning as well as my own layout

Heathfield

David

Hi David

Thanks and you're welcome - I'm just re-using things I've seen elsewhere myself. I look forward to seeing Heathfield progress.

Cheers

Phil

Phil - I just caught up on reading the last 3 pages / 3 months' worth of posts.

I really like the raised level corner station - a great way of hiding the curves around the corner. Also, I think 'height' makes layouts look more realistic.

You could keep all the photos and get it made into a photobook using Snapfish (other online photo services are available), then when you show people the railway and they want to know more, you can fish out the book!

Jon

Phil - I just caught up on reading the last 3 pages / 3 months' worth of posts. I really like the raised level corner station - a great way of hiding the curves around the corner. Also, I think 'height' makes layouts look more realistic. You could keep all the photos and get it made into a photobook using Snapfish (other online photo services are available), then when you show people the railway and they want to know more, you can fish out the book! Jon

Hi Jon

Thanks, and good idea, but it would have to be an extendable book, or perhaps multiple volumes given how often plans change :scratchhead:

Cheers

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case you'd thought that Beresford Junction had been abandoned...

Folowing a conversation over lunch with the Leaford boys at TrainWest in Melksham today (which I must say was very good), the topic of early Triang stock came up, which reminded me of something I still have from 35 years ago.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogH8J9fGneM

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Thanks for the comments - I'll pass them on to 'the MIL'. I think she's pretty much modeled out for the time being. The doors have been stuck closed, so unless you take off the roof the interior is a bit lost. I might have to do a bit of surgery on it.....

Andy - I think the diggers are Cararama 1:87 so slightly off scale but look Ok to me.

Cheers

Phil

• 1 month later...

Hi Scott

All is good, but I'm not sure how to start this................

Seeing Redbrook in action made me think it was time for a change at Beresford Junction, then with Ian on the way home we got talking about helixes.

At the moment this is what I have (10' x 9')

post-10336-0-42221100-1338287435.png

And here is what it might become - still in negotiations with SWMBO about extending into the other part of the cellar, which she says she has plans for.

post-10336-0-73997500-1338287434.png

And here is what I'm thinking of as a first step....

post-10336-0-02855100-1338287436.png

The purpose of the helix is to run trains underneath the layout then back up at the other end. The area at the left would become the fiddle yard.

Thoughts?

Phil

• Like 3

ooh, very interesting. I too looked into a Helix type arrangement but never went any further than that. I like the idea of it.

Just one question, is the fiddle yard on the left going to be normal height or underneath the top board? I would have the fiddle yard underneath so you can use both top surfaces to play trains on.

Good luck with planning permission, the new bit could be a self contained station, ideal for when visitors come and play.

Cheers

Scott

Personally I'd use a 'dumbell' configuration rather than helixes. Easier to implement and the general consensus is that 'under baseboard' fiddleyards are simply a pain in the butt.

I think where Helixes work well is as an inter-connect between two scenic levels. I can't remember which layout it was ( was a video on here from memory), but I saw a a great layout that used them well to provide links between scenic levels, but for what you proposing a dumbbell or simple loop end would be a better bet.

Yeah - I'm not quite sure myself why I want a helix - I just fancied the challenge.

As for the under-board fiddle yard it does seem fiddly if you excuse the expression, and you'd need a fair bit of clearance, and hence turns in the helix to give reasonable access.

Still all very much at the thinking through stage, so any other comments / thoughts / suggestions welcome.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Hi Phil,

I thought you'd been a bit quiet!

Looks like a good plan to me, how can she possibly refuse!

Search out Everardjunction on Youtube as he has done almost what you are thinking of and also has an instructional video on the construction of the helixs ( is that the correct plural or should it be Helixi?!) He has his fiddle yard underneath with a fair gap and doesn't have problems.

If you need help let me know.