Hi Phil,

Just been catching up. Looks like you have been busy. Joining the loco shed to the mainline was a good idea.

I like the new SPA wagon too looks like a good model.

Cheers Peter. 

Morning all.

Helpfully Poppy the cat brought a live mouse into the kitchen at 5am and decided we all needed to get up and congratulate her.

Once said mouse had bee caught and put back outside, I decided I may as well resume the hunt for the saw and good news it has turned up.

I have done a bit of early morning engineering works/construction on shed two (colour to be decided)

post-10336-0-47427500-1418885197_thumb.jpg

Will see if I can grab some more time tonight. Time to go to work now.

Phil

• Like 4

Wil there be any xmas pictures :sungum:

Ive started project on some scratch built nr de-icer wagons... :senile:

What you mean with snow on or something ?!?

Hopefully shed #2 will be progressing. It has become 2.45m long, and just deciding what to clad it with.

The sound bug has also well and truly bitten so am working out what is next :O

Last weekend I even diverted from railways into aircraft and started on a Supermarine Spitfire 1:72 kit 'aided' by my 2 and 4 year olds.

Keep watching...

And I'm looking forward to seeing the de-icer wagons.

Phil

• Like 2

Merry xmas.

Is the construction crew taking a festive break or will the shed be finished for new year?

Are you sure you haven't got a hidden camera watching me - I've just sneaked down to make a start. For a bit of variety, I'm going to use the 'Engineers Blue Brick' for the base then perhaps an off white for the cladding, although I don't think I've got enough to finish the job - I might need to just be creative with the cropping of the photos.

Phil

• Like 2

In a previous career that would have been a possibility! ;)

Now I'm intrigued....

Here is first stab at it. I have put the 'cladding' on horizontally for a bit of variety, but then the joins show more than they would if it was vertically. I might go and take it off before it dries properly.

post-10336-0-28657600-1419426132_thumb.jpg

Phil

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Hi Phil

Do what I have and cut out a single strip from the same cladding and put it vertically over the joints to hide them, and at regular spacing along the whole length. the cladding wouldn't be several hundred feet long without joints in the 'real world'.  ;)

• Like 1

Hi Phil

Do what I have and cut out a single strip from the same cladding and put it vertically over the joints to hide them, and at regular spacing along the whole length. the cladding wouldn't be several hundred feet long without joints in the 'real world'.  ;)

Ah good thinking. I better go and glue it back on again!

Phil

Sorry to disturb you Phil, just to say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, keep up the good work it's looking great.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, and feel free to disturb away.

We're at home today and I'm just wondering if it would be rude to 'disappear' to crack on with the new shed.

Phil

• Like 1

Happy Boxing Day all

First you'll be glad to hear that the engineering team have been busy this morning securing the track bed (cork), and also progressing with shed #2 (until they ran out of plastic sheeting) - currently lying on the floor. Work is now suspended again for more seasonal festivities.

post-10336-0-72049600-1419592277_thumb.jpg

No railway related presents this year :cry:  so I guess I'll just have to buy some for myself :scratchhead:

I was down at Alresford station the other day and came across 37324 sitting idling in the sidings - very nice - so I might have to get myself the Bachmann 37024 split head code.

post-10336-0-25337300-1419592232_thumb.jpg

Off to start on the sprout curry....

Phil

Edited by Beresford Junction
  • Like 5

After some turkey sandwiches followed by mince pies, the painters discovered some red and black paint so after a bit of mixing they put another coat onto shed # 2.

This combined with some quick growing shrubbery to add colour and some locos arrived to check out the colouring.

First the EWS '56 tries to blend into the background.

post-10336-0-60414500-1419709421_thumb.jpg

Next  a RF '37 arrives.

post-10336-0-26921500-1419709435_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-68125300-1419709442_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-33232500-1419709450_thumb.jpg

Phil

• Like 3

Phil,

Really liking the idea of the shed, I'm considering the idea myself..

Its looking great and the sheer size compliments the track and stock.

Thanks - Unfortunately the painters are a bit thick - they spent ages painting the shed while leaning / stretching over the layout only to then remember that it wasn't actually fixed in place and it would be a lot easier to lay on the floor and paint it - doh!

The crew are off on the New Year road-trip now, so hopefully it'll all be dry by the time they get back next week - and who knows what will be happening in 2015.

Phil

• Like 2