The hosepipe might be a bit OTT inside for diluting the paint . . . .

Another useful thing is an old car washing sponge, rip it up and mix up some dirty colours to dab it in. Dab most off on some towel and then on the layout using another cleaner bit to blend in any heavy spots if paint left. Like dry brushing but almost dry sponging ;)

Doesn't leave noticeable brush marks and gives a bit of colour variation. If it goes a bit wrong just dab it in the grey and soften up the weathering.

Thanks Paul, I'll give it a whirl then open up for comments / criticism.

I actually spent some time playing trains first thing this morning again before work, which was good - there is only so much time you can spend staring at a crossing.

Phil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Right - spent a lot of time over the past couple of nights tidying up here are the results....

post-10336-0-30881300-1376085039_thumb.jpg

As you can see, the Freightliner and containers have made a re-appearance. The main reason being that I was trying to put all of the stock away to give me space but they wouldn't fit into the box, so I decided to store them in the sidings.

post-10336-0-60413400-1376085046_thumb.jpg

So as the song goes "I can see clearly now....."

Phil

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

If you got the Fiddle Yard sorted there'd be somewhere else to put it all, not to mention a helix! ;)

How are you by the way long time no see/speak, just got back from lake Como and off on the railtour with Scott at 6.25am!

• Like 1

Yeah, Yeah, I know I need to crack on with stuff - sort of got side tracked with the level crossing thing.

Lake Como sounds nice - I passed by a few years ago on a bit of a mad summer holiday driving round Europe.

The railtour sounds good too. make sure you've got your sarnies and flask packed for the early morning start and tell Scott he needs to crack on with a bit of modelling too ;-)

Phil

Right - spent a lot of time over the past couple of nights tidying up here are the results..

As you can see, the Freightliner and containers have made a re-appearance. The main reason being that I was trying to put all of the stock away to give me space but they wouldn't fit into the box, so I decided to store them in the sidings.

Phil

Hey why not what else are siding for if not for parking stock in

David

And a bit of greenery added to the new board, with 37 906 returning to the depot light having dropped it's steel load to Beresford Yard.

post-10336-0-74128600-1376251902_thumb.jpg

I also started laying out the fiddle yard, although it's so long since I started it, I'm going to have to re-do all the measurements etc.

Still at least a bit more progress.

Phil

• Like 6

Hi Phil,

Layouts looking good, I especially like the container theme.  Thinking of doing something along those lines myself!!!   I like the use of space. I wish I had left more space between some of my tracks.

If you haven't really got a depot and you're making it up then Redbrook will accommodate 906 for re-fuelling..  :beee:

Edited by pitbull1845

Open flat grass like that next to single neat line reminds me of something and i can't quite put my finger on it.......I'm sure it will come to me in several pages time when it's no longer relevant! It looks good, a lot smoother than it was before with the track right at the edge.

• Like 1