Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

The Bubble Car looks great Dave - tempted by one myself! The weathering you've done looks spot on!

I asked a question about your figures a little while back but it got lost in the excitement of the new videos so hope you don't mind me asking again - "Where are your figures from? They are very realistic. And are they all fixed in position or just balanced so you can move them around?"

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris

Sorry for missing your question earlier. Most of the figures around the layout are Bachmann Scenecraft (mainly the Businessmen pack inside the buildings). Quite a few of the passengers waiting on the platforms are Preiser. They're glued down inside buildings and on the platforms and tacked down using tacky glue elsewhere, so that they can be moved around.  

Hope that helps but please feel to ask any more questions!

Cheers

Dave

Hi Chris,

It's the second one I have. It works pretty well and means I can move figures around which makes for a bit of variety.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Peter. I was in two minds as to whether to fit it because of possible derailment problems but it would probably be worth a try at least.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, I fitted some to my Lima 101s and Bachmann 108s and had no derailments on my tight curves, so worth a try.

Cheers Peter.

Shadowing Large Logo 56084 as its makes its way from Haymarket to Waverley with a rake of TEAs... 

Edit: I used a more downward-pointing camera angle with this one, to try to reduce the distracting background.

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 16

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave

Excellent photos love how you capture those shadows, I'm taking it as early morning rather than sun set.

Regards to the Roof of the MK3 BR Blue/Grey Coach, how did you get the peeling effect on the roof, it looks superb.

Hope all is well with you Dave

Regards

Jamie

Hi Dave

Who is the Yellow Tug bug pulling the two blue mail cages... it looks great to and the Red Cages do... great memories of sitting on those with flask of tea and sandwiches.

Regards

Jamie

Hi Dave

Who is the Yellow Tug bug pulling the two blue mail cages... it looks great to and the Red Cages do... great memories of sitting on those with flask of tea and sandwiches.

Regards

Jamie

Thanks Jamie. It's a Bachmann Scenecraft one, with a bit of weathering. Very nice they are too.

Cheers

Dave

That's a beauty. I'd like to see more "non-railway" shots please.

Thanks St. Enodoc (a place I know well by the way). Duly noted.

Edited by Waverley West

The wear to the mk2 roof is amazing ! How did you get that effect ?

Thanks meanach.

I spray the coach roof with a base coat (usually Railmatch Roof Dirt) and then paint strips of Maskol to represent patches where the roof is peeling. This is then finished off with several coats of fairly heavily applied top coat (Railmatch Weathered Black). The Maskol is then rubbed off and hey presto, you should end up with something that looks like a peeling roof. A final dusting with weathering powder helps everything to blend in together.

I've been very pleased with the results and intend to add the effect to a few more coaches, especially the Mk 1s.

Cheers

Dave.

Comings and goings at Haymarket MPD, 1986...

ScotRail 47714 passes Large Logo 47636...

A Regional Railways 150 arrives at Edinburgh Waverley. Shortly after, 47636 departs for Inverness...

Shadowing 50044 past Haymarket MPD as it heads for Waverley on a railtour...

Some years earlier, 55007 passes through Princes St Gardens on a service from Aberdeen to Kings Cross...

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 12