Dapol MRA CAD images

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

On the Model Rail facebook page

MRA

Thanks to Alan Weston for the heads up.

Looks like they are the "early" type with the hinged sides being a combination of ribs and flat. The later build had flat sided hinged doors.

MRA comparison pic

Highlights both types of hinged door.

"Fag packet" research also looks like that ribbed/flat are in Railtrack fawn/grey and all flat are in NR yellow.....

Maybe Dapol will do both door types/liveries?

Cheers,

Mick

• 1 month later...

They look to be coming along very nicely indeed. Is there a CAD image of them "tilting"?

Does anyone know will there also be a release of them individually? I only want 3 MRA Wagons (Sorry i dont model correct real thing rakes) and cannot really afford £100-125 (Pre-order Prices) for 5.

(I dont really want to rely on an ebay seller maybe selling them off individually)

Thought i would just ask, as i am sure i am not the only chap who would prefer to buy seperate wagons.

Look great though, will be buying!

They look to be coming along very nicely indeed. Is there a CAD image of them "tilting"?

Does anyone know will there also be a release of them individually? I only want 3 MRA Wagons (Sorry i dont model correct real thing rakes) and cannot really afford £100-125 (Pre-order Prices) for 5.

(I dont really want to rely on an ebay seller maybe selling them off individually)

Thye only have buffers and a normal coupling on the outer ends of the set I think?

Hi SMG,

i'm not sure if anyone will contemplate splitting a set for a couple of reasons,

1) They in real life are a fixed rake of 5 units with only the outers having buffers and the inners having a connecting bar and as such they are also individually numbered for the set.

2) A split set is no use to anyone as the remainder of the 5 (saying you had 3) would be useless as we are not selling individual units for this set.:O

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

Hi DapolDave and craigwelsh

Thank you for your comments, I now totally see why they come in a pack of 5 with only the outer wagons having buffers.

Not a disapointment at all, I am always keen to support British (and Welsh) companies, I will just not buy any Bachmann (Chinese) Autoballasters this year, allowing me to afford all 5 MRAs :)

Not a disapointment at all, I am always keen to support British (and Welsh) companies, I will just not buy any Bachmann (Chinese) Autoballasters this year, allowing me to afford all 5 MRAs :)

The Dapol items may come via Wales but they'll still be on a boat from China I believe.

• 3 months later...

Well, my relentless hunt to find the first shots of the MRAs has rewarded me with these links to the Dapol Facebook site. (I dont have fakebook, thus, the pics must be public to all as i can view them)

They look awesome!

Archived