Next batch of Class 70's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Downturn in available work and having 2 very different fleets, easier to standardise on one (class 66) fleet if possible.

It might also depend on the lease terms.  From what has gone on in the past it would seem to be not an easy task to save money on a Class 66 lease by standing it to one side and using something older and more suited to the task in hand (i.e. a Class 60).  So the more capable, wholly owned. loco is stood aside as, effectively, minimal cost to the operator while they carry on using the more expensively leased asset simply to earn money to pay for it.

• RMweb Premium

For completeness - It's being poo-poo'ed elsewhere.

With thanks to imdb.com

General Melchett: Is this true, Blackadder? Did Captain Darling pooh-pooh you?

Captain Blackadder: Well, perhaps a little.

General Melchett: Well, then, damn it all! What more evidence do you need? The pooh-poohing alone is a court martial offense!

Captain Blackadder: I can assure you, sir, that the pooh-poohing was purely circumstantial.

General Melchett: Well, I hope so, Blackadder. You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have just passed Seaforth dock and noticed a shiny Colas class 70 close to the fence. I could not make out a number and only spotted one loco.

Cheers.

From what I have read it's 70812.

70811 was supposed to be shipped with 70812 but what I have read it wasn't ready.

Hope this helps.

• RMweb Gold

I have just passed Seaforth dock and noticed a shiny Colas class 70 close to the fence. I could not make out a number and only spotted one loco.

Cheers.

She's here then!

From what I've read it's being lifted off the transport trailer on Monday for forward transfer later in the week, I'm refreshing the Liverpool area on Tuesday but the day it's earmarked to move I've got another job on so it will most likely be someone else moving this one